1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Peacekeeper Rankup from Rank II Impossible

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by StormClawPonyRises, Oct 28, 2019.

1. StormClawPonyRises

StormClawPonyRises Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys! I'm experiencing a bug with Starbound 1.4.4, related to the Bounty Hunter update.
    I've reached the end of Rank II (the bar says so!), and need to take down the Chief of the group you have to hunt for that rank. Except, I already have. FOUR TIMES.

I'm aware that there's been a lot of issues with the new update, but I've only come across one other person with this bug in particular, and there were no replies to their post.

So what did I do? I took down the Chief the first time, which involved finding clues and that across the local star systems, and then found their base and kicked their butt. They were captured, and Captain Noble was all happy. Yay! It recognised that I'd taken the criminal out on the Peacekeeper board, but then it showed their portrait and name again. And I didn't rank up. So I started the quest again, and then quit it to see what happened, and it was on the board once more.
    So for three more times I took the quest and completed it to its entirety, though for some reason those three times ONLY involved attacking the Chief directly at their base, not any of the stuff I originally had to do beforehand, and it wouldn't rank me up. I've gotten those ticket things all four times, and have also turned off the game between some of the completions (different play sessions).

I'm using Windows 10 in Windowed mode I believe? Mod list attached. I know it's quite long, but I'm already planning on removing some...eventually. The other person who reported this issue stated that they were not using Mods, but who knows really? I sure don't.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log directly after the issue happens. The log might hold crucial information regarding this problem.

3. StormClawPonyRises

Sorry, didn't realise it could just change constantly throughout a session (I'm NOT tech savvy). Here you go. I completed the quest again and got into a different spot to fight the Chief which felt different and made me think that I was just being an idiot, but the board is still offering the same quest again. Interestingly, when it showed the Bounty complete screen just before that, it said at the bottom that I'd ranked up and gotten new assignments. But I hadn't.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Im gonna check that on a fresh save on my machine. It shouldn't be mod-related according to your log. There are a few errors regarding the mods you're using but it only affects recipes so the chance this interferes with the bounty hunter quests should be 0.

Also do you have to visit a new peacekeeper-station by chance?

5. StormClawPonyRises

Technically no. The Portable Outpost lets me have the Peacekeeper board wherever I want (so in my ship). It's a suspect if the issues *are* mod related, but I don't have any method of checking if it has caused any problems.

6. Iris Blanche

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I tried with a fresh save and without any mods and didn't encounter that issue. Once rank 2 and the bounty is completed you get sent to a new station. Maybe its indeed interfering with the portable outpost mod.

7. StormClawPonyRises

Okay! So I completed the quest again but this time I actually went to the Peacekeeper station to turn it in and it finally worked. Stupidly simple, huh? I guess it needed me to be present there/with Noble for the next quest to start. If no one has yet, I'll bring it up with the mod author so they can find a workaround or leave a note for other users about the issue.

Iris Blanche likes this.