[PC] Auto-Save feature

Discussion in 'Other' started by Knipex, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Knipex

Knipex Poptop Tamer

Hello.

I've come here to bring up a very important issue, in my opinion at least, auto-saving. Currently there is no auto-save feature in the game. Before I start, I would like to point out that I'm making this thread because the other suggestion threads involving auto-save are years old.

Why do we need auto-saving?
    There are people like me who live in places with often power outages at this time of the year (winter, in most places anyway). After a power outage all your save files get corrupted. Now, you'd say just get your save back by replacing the backup file etc., yes I am very well aware of that but often that save could be HOURS back and that is VERY, VERY, frustrating.

I personally haven't experienced any game crashes but I've read around that other players do experience these.

Please support this suggestion if you think it's a necessary feature.

Happy New Year.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

iirc im pretty sure auto-saving is already a thing, and occurs periodically as well as whenever you teleport. I've had the game crash once or twice and had no lost progress after starting it up again.

3. Knipex

Knipex Poptop Tamer

You must be damn lucky. The thing is, whenever these power outages happen and I start up the game after, my character is just gone.

4. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Sounds like that's a result of the game auto-saving just before the power outage.