RP Pathfinder: Carrion Crown

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Ryanrem, Jun 8, 2013.

1. A Vagrant

A Vagrant Cosmic Narwhal

Ulysses walked towards the commotion at the bar. "Zokar, isn't it? I'm sure the little miss here got off on the wrong foot. She hasn't had time to sample the mead. One of those drink options is mead, right? How about she gets her choice on me and doesn't have to be booted out into the cold night?"

He was now looking between the two of them, hoping to defuse the strange situation.

Alaizia Darkstar likes this.
  2. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

Lia stood there in silence, surprised that Zokar had shaken off her gaze so easily. It was not every day you saw someone stand up to a paladin, and indeed, this man was not evil. She ignored Ulysses and spoke directly to Zokar, "well, I leave you and your customers to enjoy whatever than green concoction may truly be, and I shall see you tomorrow, after I take care of your problem in the Restlands." Lia gave the man one last glare, and shot icy glances throughout the tavern as she left, still the center of attention.

To think that anyone can enjoy being in the presence of someone dressing up as a being composed of pure evil. And those waitresses themselves, have they no shame nor morals?! And that man! He thinks he's providing euphoria when he's simply running the only tavern in this cursed town!

Lia's mind rambled on and on. But however cold, pitiless, self-righteous, insensitive, uncompromising, or aloof she may be, one should never doubt her true nature as lawful good. Though she may yell, she may threat, and she may brood, she is still kind at heart. She's ruthless and efficient, but always in the name of good. She fights, but against evil, and she avoids civilian casualties at all costs. She may not be very gracious, or pleasant to talk to, but she can certainly get the job done. There's a reason she had a reputation back at her home temple of Sarenrae.

3. ALaizia was shocked by the sudden outburst from the woman, no one had ever acted like that.... not that she knew of atleast. Watching Lia leave, Alaizia called out " w-wait! Sister told us to go here, dont leave! come back!" she tried to command the woman, though her voice was to soft and timid. ALaizia stood there for a moment with a confilicted expression before rushing out the door, her cat still clutched to her ample chest, and into the night after the paladin " Wait! dont go, I will come with you if you are lea-----" her cries faded as she went further from the tavern.

outside the building Alaizia huffed as she tried to catch up with Lia, her oversized proportions causing her to be somewhat slower then the other woman.

4. Ryanrem

Ryanrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

"If you truly want to know the Ghoul Vomit is actually Mead with some herbs to color it, but the fool must understand that what i do is for the good of the people not to praise evil of the like, Please go after her and make sure she doesnt get herself killed"

5. A Vagrant

A Vagrant Cosmic Narwhal

Ulysses gave a short sigh and resigned himself to abstain from the drink for now. "I didn't know I'd be on guard duty again so soon. Well, it's sort of the right thing to do even if I don't really know the woman. Thank you for your troubles anyway. I'll stop by as early as you open tomorrow and have a glass."

Ulysses placed three silvers on the bar stating that it was for his trouble and made his way out.

6. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Azrian briefly looked at the menu, wondering what each type of drink each actually was, but didn't want to risk trying to guess which each was, so he set it down again and watched the drama unfold before him. The woman speaking with Zokar seemed to be pretty angry about what everyone was wearing. He personally saw little problem in them dressing up as long as they didn't try to do anything extreme, but she seemed to think differently. If anything, people wearing demon costumes made him think they were actually making fun of them, though if any of them turned out to be demons then he'd probably have to rethink that idea. Shrugging, he saw someone walk up to Zokar and say something to him before the woman walked away, someone else following her, who he thought he remembered being called Lazy or something along those lines.

Walking up to Zokar himself, he caught him saying that the other person should go after her, which the man seemed to listen to. "I think I might follow them as well." Azrian started speaking. "Just in case, however, I'd like to know if you can tell me anything about where she might be heading?" Taking a moment before speaking again, he remembered the fact that he didn't know which drink each thing on the menu was. "Also, if I return here, could you tell me then what each of the menu items is?"

Alaizia Darkstar and Draken09 like this.
  7. Ryanrem

"Well recently the Restlands havnt been so restful ever since the Professor died. We've had some strange sittings of undead coming up from their graves, hell it why everyone thought he was a necromancer in the first place. I told the girl that if she truly wants to help she can deal with it herself, but i doubt she can kill them all, even if you kill one an other will just replace it." With a smile on his face "Oh they are all actually those things you see im actually a lich and i serve these things to my undead minions" he laughs jollily after the statement "im teasing yah, whats the fun in telling you what they are it ruins the whole feel of the place".

Alaizia Darkstar and Draken09 like this.
  8. Draken09

Lia slowed to a stop when she heard a loud *whump* behind her. Sigh sighed, "You're one of the professor's daughters, correct?" She spun around, to see Alaizia on the ground, frantically trying to get up off of her back. Meanwhile her black, hairless cat, which Lia thought somewhat creepy, was nudging her side. "Well we'd better get you back to your estate, it's not safe where I'm going." Lia's heart sank a little when she saw the two others from before catching up. She had hoped to get this done with without any excess burdens.

Well, I suppose they'll just stay at the estate with the girl. Lia thought, not that she was older. In fact, Alaizia was her elder by two years.

9. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Throwing up his arms in mock exasperation, Azrian jokingly reached for his crossbow for a moment before turning around and speaking as he walked out the door. "I go to a funeral and end up seeing the dead, who would have expected that. I guess I’ll just have to add you to my list of things to deal with while I'm here. That aside, I’d like to thank you for the information, and I hope your undead minions like drinking their human blood here, because I'll gladly deal with them if they try to drink some elsewhere." He waved farewell over his shoulder and strode after the others, hoping to catch up to them before they reached the Restlands. As he walked, he did a brief prayer for forgiveness for his joke and for either a peaceful night or one involving undead. He wasn't looking forward to the prospect of a battle against any undead, but he'd prefer fighting them instead of anything living, so he hoped that if anything appeared it would be them.

10. ALaizia whimpered, trying to keep her blouse under control... it was so hard to make it stay up with her bust. " y-yes i-im the younger sister" she sighed as she managed to get her appearal situated. She looked at her cat and petted him lovingly " dont worry Gygax, im all right" she smiled while trying to get up, though she couldn't get up right. The woman told her that she should go back to the estate " w-what ..but you cant go out at night alone...I-i...I am...somewhat afraid of the dark also, but im not going to leave you out here" she protested, even though she wasn't in the position to do so...literally.

11. Draken09

Lia sighed, and looked at Alaizia in the eyes. "Ms. Lorrimore, I never intended to have you walk home alone. If there really are undead, then I'm not just going to leave you. Now, which way is your house?" She glanced at the others approaching, in fact, they were almost close enough to speak at normal volume. She decided that she may as well tell them that they're going to the estate now, instead of having them ponder other, dangerous options. "You two! I'm taking you both and Mrs. Lorrimore here back to her estate! Tell Kendra I'll be back in the morning!" She looked at Alaizia again, and despite not having given her a chance to answer the first time, asked "Now which way is the estate?"

12. " B-but ..you're not coming?" Alaizia tilted her head, still laying on her back while the damp ground began to soak into her clothing. She crossed her arms " I wont tell you if your not coming with us...either we all go...or none of us go, you have never been out here at night... most of us have, you need me with you to know where your going"... despite her pretty face, she was actualy very intelligent "now please, help me up...my back is getting wet."

The cat sat beside her, looking at the other woman with something almost like a smile...

13. Ryanrem

The cat purrs "I do have to say she is a rather bold one Alaizia challenging the vile creatures of Ustalvia like that, but you need to convince her not to miss the will reading. Besides i wonder if your old man left something in the will for me, i always wanted a new yarn ball to play with." The sun is slowly setting and the will reading is close at hand.

14. Draken09

Lia glanced down at the cat, gazing up at Alaizia and meowing incessantly. She thought it was amusing that the creature seemed to want to talk, but redirected her attention back to Alaizia. "Ms. Lorrimore, I cannot take a young lady such as yourself into danger, just point me the way once we reach the estate." She bent down and grabbed Alaizia's hand, pulling her up a bit more roughly than intended. She then looked up to find that the others had caught up. "Well, then, let's be off, I need to reach the Restlands by midnight.

15. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Azrian was a short distance behind Ulysses as they headed towards where Alaizia and Lia were talking. Hearing what Lia said, he waited a few moments to make sure she wasn't talking to Alaizia. He then heard Alaizia saying something about her back being wet and redirected his attention towards her, realizing that she was on the ground. Walking over towards where Alaizia was laying on the ground, he almost reached her when Lia helped her up. "Are you hurt?" He asked. Before he could get an answer, Lia started talking to Alazia again. "If you're going to go have fun in a place that is rumored to have undead, you could probably need help, but I'm sure everyone that could help you will likely need to sleep sometime soon, so can this wait another day? I would love to have the rumors dealt with, but being unprepared could easily cost you your life if something did appear."

16. Alaizia paused momentarily to listen to her cat's noise... glancing from it to the paladin, just to see if she was hearing the cat talk aswell...she wasn't.
    " no, I wont tell you if your going out and fighting monsters ...my sister and I would hold ourselves responsible for it ...and I don't want that.... Also, remember that we must be back at the estate so not to miss the will reading..." Alaizia frowned for a moment, a bit off put by the woman's stubbornness. " yes, yes im fine..." she smiled at the man " dont worry about me"

17. Draken09

Lia almost rolled her eyes, before replying to them both. "Well of course I'll stay for the will reading, I don't have to be at the Restlands until midnight, cliche though it may be. I'll have time to grab the rest of my gear then!" At this point she was getting irritated again that these people couldn't simply point her the way to the estate. "Now if you don't want to miss the will reading, show the way to the estate so we aren't late. And I could always ask someone else where the Restlands are y'know." By now it was getting dark and she was itching to get prepared. The last time she was able to put a stop to any real evil was when professor Lorrimore himself was attacked two weeks ago.

18. " r-right" Alaizia muttered, looking up at the darkening sky nervously " this way to the mansion" Alaizia pointed towards a path. " we will have to hurry if we want to make it back to the mansion in time for the reading..or supper," Alaizia spoke as she walked down the path " come on then, we dont have all day, or atleast whats remaining of the day!"

Gygax scampered along behind her, mewling a bit.

19. Ryanrem

You managed to make it too the estate on time, Kendra greets you all with a smile "ah there you are now we can finally begin". She leads you too the study where a fine looking gentleman is waiting with a sealed scroll. He opens the scroll and begins reading as a key drops onto a table.

" I Petros Lorrimor, being of sound mind, do hereby commit to this
    parchment my last will and testament. Let it be known that, with
    the exception of the specific details below, I leave my home and
    personal belongings entire to my daughter Kendra. Use them or
    sell them as you see fit, my child.
    “Yet beyond the bequeathing of my personal effects, this
    document must serve other needs. I have arranged for the reading
    of this document to be delayed until all principals can be in
    attendance, for I have more than mere inheritance to apportion. I
    have two final favors to ask.
    “To my old friends, I hate to impose upon you all, but there are
    few others who are capable of appreciating the true significance of
    what it is I have to ask. As some of you know, I have devoted many
    of my studies to all manner of evil, that I might know the enemy and
    inform those better positioned to stand against it. For knowledge
    of one’s enemy is the surest path to victory over its plans.
    “And so, over the course of my lifetime, I have seen fit to acquire
    a significant collection of valuable but dangerous tomes, any one
    of which in the wrong circumstances could have led to an awkward
    legal situation. While the majority of these tomes remain safe under
    lock and key at the Lepidstadt University, I fear that a few I have
    borrowed remain in a trunk in my Ravengro home. While invaluable
    for my work in life, in death, I would prefer not to burden my
    daughter with the darker side of my profession, or worse still, the
    danger of possessing these tomes herself. As such, I am entrusting
    my chest of tomes to you, posthumously. I ask that you please deliver
    the collection to my colleagues at the University of Lepidstadt, who
    will put them to good use for the betterment of the cause.
    “Yet before you leave for Lepidstadt, there is the matter of
    another favor—please delay your journey one month and spend
    that period of time here in Ravengro to ensure that my daughter is
    safe and sound. She has no one to count on now that I am gone,
    and if you would aid her in setting things in order for whatever she
    desires over the course of this month, you would have my eternal
    gratitude. From my savings, I have also willed to each of you a sum
    of one hundred platinum coins. For safekeeping, I have left these
    funds with Embreth Daramid, one of my most trusted friends in
    Lepidstadt—she has been instructed to issue this payment upon
    the safe delivery of the borrowed tomes no sooner than one month
    after the date of the reading of this will.
    “I, Petros Lorrimor, hereby sign this will in Ravengro on this
    first day of Calistril, in the year 4467 AR.”

The Older gentlemen looks at Kendra and dismisses her and walks out. "Thank you all for coming ill need some time to figure out if i do plan on selling this house and moving some place nicer, maybe even goto Absalom and get my Sister better schooling. We can deal with the chest in the morning but it seems father wanted you all too protect me for a month, you are all more than welcome to stay here free of charge" she hands each of you a key "these are the keys too your bedrooms and supper will be ready shortly, Alaizia why dont you show them too their rooms"

20. ALaizia got up from the chair she was setting in, Gygax jumping out of her lap and onto the table nearby. " move to absalom? wh-why?" Alaizia looked rather suprised and clueless to the reason they would move from a place they had lived in thier whole lives.
    As her sister left the room and asking the younger to show thier guests to thier rooms " right, um..... right this way, your rooms are close to mine " she opened the door and waited for then to follow.