Pams house was a start but....

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Scritchowl, May 30, 2018.

1. Scritchowl

Scritchowl Big Damn Hero

We need more upgrades for the town.

Options for community center path
    1. School supplies. If you complete the community center and have had two kids allow you to speak to the mayor and purchase school supplies for penny to have her pick up your children daily and teach them.

2. Relocate penny and the class to the community center. Available on completion of community center. Gus now goes to the center between 1100 and 1130 to prepare their lunches.

3. Relocate Joja shrine to joja mart. More of the town starts showing up to service.

4. 8 heart Abigail and Pierre. She takes over the old shrine builds a Dojo for practicing her fighting skills. She sales items related to combat.

5. Renovating Gus' s tavern to an inn allowing new faces to appear as residents in the inn.

6. Add a Father for the church, a nun and her two children (twins ala children of the darrned.

Path for joja mart

1. Plant manager moves in. Req is leah 8 heart even compleated and joja mart. Her ex moves into town after a demotion with joja places them in pelican village.

2. Lumber company moves in they offer quotas for wood harvest and now tree growth is slowed. Offers cheaper resources from the forest but the cost of a depressed leah and robin who are disheartened that they can no longer collect from the forest

3. Cannery. A new building gets constructed over the tide pools. They will buy fish from you at the cost of more trash caught in traps and rod. Willie gets depressed as now he must travel further and further to make a catch. He is afraid overfishing will occur and leave the ocean barren

4. Steel mill. A new mill builds in the patch north of clint. The building allows you to skip steps in tool development by buying new steel tools. They behave as gold but will break and leave you with a trash unit. Clint is upset because metal nodes are not as common and fears disposable tools are ending the jobs of crafts man.

5. Joja auto driver- takes over pams job. Looks like a robotic krobus. It never leaves its post comments about organics not paying attention to time constraints, lossing control and making skid marks. Pam is now on unemployment again.

6. The Museum theif strikes. This an occurs if you complete the collection. Gunther opens the museum to see the ransacked. The bookshelves are toppled and artifacts gone. You can complete this quest by either finishing a find the theif quest or just talk Gunther into selling the museum to Joja for a history of Joja collection. The kids are still allowed to attend school but now wear mini joja outfits and hope to be able to make minimal wage one day.

7. The defeated town. When all the take over projects are completed a town hall meeting is called. This explains that while Joja added money to the town coffers they are having a shortfall on coins and some houses may face foreclosure as jojabank has began purchasing land and now he doesnt know what will become of Pelican town. Shortly afterwards a helicopter lands in the center and off steps the Ceo of joja corp explaining to the residents that the town is now named Jojaburg. Things around town are changed to reflect this such as the star drop saloon is renamed and given blue paint. The mayors truck is now a blue delivery van.

Arlem, ZeDued, Aurora Moon and 3 others like this.
    • Scritchowl

Scritchowl Big Damn Hero

Spite could be added by having george and evelyn now work a joja ambassadors and greeting you each time you come into the stores

Arlem likes this.
      • Kaligath

Kaligath Master Chief

So what you are suggesting is a sort of alignment system of completion where you can choose the town to grow more with a nature theme aka the good path or more of a business theme aka bad path.

Town development in this way does sound like a very nice personalisation to the game where your actions have consequences also would add to the replayablity as the game becomes more updated over time with other themes like sacrificing the town to the junimo god and replacing all the inhabits with junimo's where in the end you become a junimo and become one fully with nature.

Arlem likes this.
        • Tzarina8472

Tzarina8472 Void-Bound Voyager

Specifically the part about replacing inhabitants with junimos and ultimately become one, that also sounds pretty scary.

Arlem, Aurora Moon and kstormgemini like this.
          • kstormgemini

kstormgemini Master Chief

I know I would like to at least see Something done with the "old Joja Mart" building when/if it gets shut down. The idea of having a derelict building in our fair town is abhorrent to me. Maybe if not moving the shrine there, make it an art center where the guys (& Abs) can play and Leah could display her work. Maybe even have it so the beach bum-slash-"writer" (for the life of me, I can never remember his name) can do readings there.
            Anything would be preferable to a broken down abandoned building. I mean after all, isn't that why some of us fixed up the Community Center to begin with?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

his name is elliot and he publishes a book X''D

• Tzarina8472

Tzarina8472 Void-Bound Voyager

Perhaps it unlocks an annual event where key NPCs host events, randomly taking turns.
                Elliot: Poetry Reading
                Emily: Quilting/Dress Making class
                Sam: Concert
                Haley: Fashion Show
                Alex: Football... trading card event?

Etc. About this time, I just realized how much Haley has in common with her sister, even as she complains to the opposite. They both have an interest in trendy clothing, just from opposite sides. They should totally go into business together.

Aurora Moon likes this.
                • Grapenuts

Grapenuts Poptop Tamer

Since Haley is really into photography, there should be a an event with that. Maybe she has an art gallery similar to Leah with her sculptures or maybe you get a camera and take pictures of people, objects and scenery that's around the community. There could be even special "rare" moments for you to take pictures of and if you do, it does something lol.

Aurora Moon likes this.
                  • Pepperpots

Pepperpots Space Hobo

I really like a lot of these suggestions re even further development of the Community Centre and its effect on the town and it's residents.

Adding more tasks/events/quests made me very happy. However, I'd like to add that I would also like:-

(a) The building of Pam's house to work like the redevelopment of the Community Centre - providing goods, materials, some money (maybe) and even some building/landscaping/decorating time (the latter could be requests from Pam or Penny after the house is built). It would be, in my opinion, so much more satisfying if building Pam a house was a task or quest that didn't just ask for money and some wood;

(b) There is a Community Centre like redevelopment of Joja Mart. Maybe there could also be a slight thawing of the frosty relationship between Joja and the town by Joja providing a service there that is more ethically positive, reasonably priced and community minded. A crèche for the babies and toddlers, some kind of medical partnership with Harvey/The Town, revolving escape room puzzles to interact with for rewards and achievements, something to extend the town's relationships with the Dwarf/Krobus/Marlon/NPCs you don't interact with much or just build some houses for new NPCs (and new requests, more friendships or quests to help a young adult get a home of their own ... );

(c) Have the ability to hire people to help on the farm - after the Community Centre refurb Shane and Sam are the most obvious people to hire, but Linus, Kent, Abigail, Wizard, Jodi, Hayley, Alex, Evelyn and George seem to have no obvious paid work so might be available. You could even just have a daily hire so you just hire whoever is available that day if you need them. I would love to have someone to just pet the animals!

(d) A quest/request/task arc that would eventually enable you to have the 'Help Wanted' notices appear on a board on the farm, similar to the calendar, but with more work involved to get it. This board could also have my hiring list on as suggested in (c) above. Actually, working towards any of the purchasable catalogues could be fun too. You provide materials for the catalogue items to be crafted (maybe in groups such as chairs, side tables, paintings, sculptures etc.), maybe hire someone to take pictures and print the catalogues and you then get a free 'growing' catalogue as a reward for your efforts;

(e) Put some kind of tab system in the catalogues and in Pierre's sales dialogue. I know the game is paused when these are open thus saving ingame time, but I do find myself increasingly resenting the amount of real life time it takes to search these long single lists - especially the catalogues; and

(f) Make the seasonal events at least as interesting and interactive as the Winter Star event, with some items/fish/rewards unique to each event and the same purchaseable ability to go home when you choose.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018