Other types of liquids and rain.

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Admiral Obvious, Jun 29, 2012.

1. thefirecrack3r

thefirecrack3r Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ferrofluids, in addition to being a crafting material, should stick to your armor and sludge around behind you if your moving at relatively low speeds or on flat grounds. Large volumes of the stuff should pose a real threat by dragging players to the center and holding them there. You'd have to ditch your armor or drown or find some way to escape (electrical stuff could maybe temporarily discharge the magnetic stuff so you can escape or if you have enough force to escape like a jet pack or something.)

2. Admiral Obvious

Admiral Obvious Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Give it a creative name, and I'll add it in.

I'm ok with all of this idea, except for the ditching the armor part. I added in the electrical rule however.

3. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

And now for the hard part. God, i'm bad at names, let's see. . . Latin dictionary, GO!
    Hmm. . . Liquidus Solida. . . Lame. I can't think of any other Latin things. So. . .
    I'd just call it LiquidGround!(tm)

4. Admiral Obvious

Alrighty then, good enough. I'll add it once I get the time.

Edit: It's done, but with a little bit of a spin on it, still complies entirely with your concept however. Thanks for the input.:up:

5. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

like the pyroclastic flow idea would make volcanic worlds far more interesting...
    While you made a liquid element section I'm going to list one of the most unique ones in existence... can I add that liquid helium has the unique trait of being a "superfluid" with zero viscosity
    its boiling point is around 4 kelvin an thus is very hard to obtain however liquid helium is important in commercial uses I'll post the wikipedia page and related superfluidity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_helium
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfluid

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Admiral Obvious

If you do all of the work for me, I'll just copy-paste it in. Otherwise I think i'd end up doing this wrong. There are a lot of fancy things on that wikipedia page.

7. Dragrath

I summarized the most important of its unique properties in a list form.
    Liquid helium:
    -zero viscosity (so it has no resistance to deformation)
    -would not occur naturally (would have to make using helium gas)
    -would have to be cooled to maintain its liquid form or it would turn back into helium gas as its boiling point is at 4 degrees above absolute zero
    -it would freeze anything in it due to its low temperature
    -could not be made into a frozen form at any conceivably achievable temperature
    -everything in it would sink to the bottom as it has zero viscosity
    -Could climb up the sides of a container aka walls
    -could slip out of certain materials, (aka flow through blocks) due to low level of interactions with other atoms (perhaps it would flow through only certain materials when their barriers are 1 block thick)
    -Used to make top tier superconductors/electromagnets (aka used in powerful electronics that need to work a extremely cold temperatures like quantum computers)

hope this helps you

Axe Garian and Admiral Obvious like this.
  8. Admiral Obvious

Thanks. I added it in for you. It's currently a sub-category under Liquid Elements.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

i want blood! *---*
    if you kill alot of enemies inside a hole, their blood starts to act as a physical liquid, so i can make a pool of blood! :giggle:

Pseudoboss likes this.
  10. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

That is amazing, deliciously creepy. Would be even better if it started to clot if you don't keep it flowing, and it'll eventually harden into blood blocks.

Lobo likes this.
  11. Admiral Obvious

I'll consider it, I doubt it'll make it into the game, but why not right? I added it.

thefirecrack3r and Lobo like this.
  12. Dragrath

blood blocks eh? high protien perhaps we could harvest iorn from thhem with enogh blocks... (not that it would ever happen out of mods... after all it pretty much would lead Starbound to be M rated...)

13. BulletExodus

BulletExodus Void-Bound Voyager

I like the idea of using blood as an ingredient to summon a boss. OR to craft an evil weapon.

14. 13SithDeceiver13

13SithDeceiver13 Pangalactic Porcupine

Sewage

Found in cities, urban planets, and other highly populated areas. Usually found underground, in sewers if present. Possibly pollute surrounding environment if not within an area with player placed blocks. Will only spawn if there are mass amounts of NPC's/Players continuously present/living in one area. If the devs decide to implement bathroom needs, may be "spawned" by player if they relieve themselves in the same location/area frequently. When the player walks in it, it slows them down and has a very small poison effect that will do little damage to the player over time if they remain in the sewage (may have to wash it off in another water source, though unlikely). May be possible to dump into space while in your ship.

TL;DR Version

Spawning: Cities and other highly populated areas, underground. Area where player(s) continuously relieves self (if implemented, most likely not)
    Effect if player stands in it: Slowed movement, small poison effect lasts, while in it possible to have to wash it off in another source of water (unlikely)
    Effect on environment: Small polluting of surrounding natural blocks/items, no effect on player placed ones

DNAY! likes this.
  15. Admiral Obvious

On the to-do list, I'm actually busy for once, but it'l get in there soon.

16. BoboTheEpic

BoboTheEpic Big Damn Hero

Or to drink! Because vampirism.

17. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

good work and good idea you could also add liquid gases such as methane

18. Admiral Obvious

Done.

19. bluechaos27

bluechaos27 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I want this.

20. bluechaos27

bluechaos27 Subatomic Cosmonaut

very well thought out post, I hope some of it makes it in game!