Other types of liquids and rain.

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Admiral Obvious, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Admiral Obvious

Admiral Obvious Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Just cuz its irradiated doesn't mean its colored differently, but I do see your point.

2. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

Goo can be waked on if running fast, but if you stand still, you sink. Like cornstarch and water.

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Admiral Obvious

I'll add that in if you want.

wewantska and Axe Garian like this.
  4. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

Instead of oil it could be methane as we all know of a world where it does rain methan whigc then flows in riveres and pools in polar seas... Introducing Titan the second largest moon in our solarsystem and only one with a substantial atmosphere 1.4 times denser than earth and vastly colder :)

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Admiral Obvious

I think I might have posted that somewhere in there, but if not I can add that in as well.

Edit: I have sulfur, and I kinda thought that covers it, but I'll add it once I get time.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

Water, lava, acid and flammable tar are all we need really. I wouldn't mind a less goopy tar like oil, but other than that some of those liquids sound... Unfitting.

7. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

:down: More methods of Destruction is always better.

While i'm here... I can't remember anymore if Liquid Mercury has been submitted as an idea yet... :mwahaha:

8. Admiral Obvious

Quicksilver is pretty much the same thing... right?

9. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I have no idea... :oops:

10. Admiral Obvious

I'm pretty sure it is, although quicksilver is a creatable compound, mercury as far as I know is not.

11. Sabreur

Sabreur Pangalactic Porcupine

Your original idea has merit, but the sheer number of different types concerns me.

I would simplify the idea somewhat:
    • Acids - A generic 'harmful' liquid that comes in a variety of colors. Different colors could perhaps indicate different strengths of acid.
    • Hydrocarbons - Black, flammable liquid. Does no damage directly, but burns impressively when ignited.
    • Sludge - A useless, harmless slime created when two different types of liquid mix.

RexMori likes this.
  12. Stalkish Cockatiel

Sure, it would be cool too see an idea of mine in this!

13. Admiral Obvious

I did, re-read the thread.:)

I'll add hydrocarbons and sludge, but I'd like to keep acid the way it is. Otherwise it'd be too hard to identify.

wewantska likes this.
  14. Stalkish Cockatiel

Yay! :catface2:

15. Admiral Obvious

All ideas are good ideas.:)

wewantska likes this.
  16. Sensational

Sensational Phantasmal Quasar

Anything but lava rain, please :D.

17. Admiral Obvious

Meh, find a way to deal with it.:mwahaha:

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. Sabreur

Sabreur Pangalactic Porcupine

... now I really, really want some kind of molten rain. It would be an absolutely hilarious environmental hazard. "Oh hey, that volcano is erupting in the background and OH GOD EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE."

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Ashen 'snow' would also be interesting. Such already exist in reality, such as on Io; the entire planet's surface is covered in several hundred feet of sulphuric ash, belched up by constant volcano eruptions deep beneath the ash layer.

I could imagine that landing on a highly volcanic world would be all sorts of fun - fiery molten 'rain', ash 'snow', dusty 'fog', superheated tornadoes and other intense wind phenomena, and 'rivers' full of molten rock.

Axe Garian and MEWMEW like this.
  20. Admiral Obvious

So, do you want me to add anything?

Axe Garian likes this.