1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Orpheus Colony: RAM's edits 3.7

Some edits and additions to Alsehr's awesome Orpheus Colony ship.

1. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

So I made an Avali version of this mod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...Buuut I need to go get asset permissions from several different people before I can release. I have low hopes of the original creator of the mod even responding (he hasn't be active for a while), and I have no clue who to ask for permission for the Avali ship (since I don't know who made it). When I finish wading through all the legal shenanigans and get consent, I will release it...

EDIT: I found the name of the ship creator and will send him/her a pm.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    gatosardina and greenRAM like this.
  2. Adarkchylde

Adarkchylde Void-Bound Voyager

Hey just asking if theres any chance you'll be updting this to the new stable. I really love the mod and would hate to loose it. ty for your work so far

3. endlessmark

endlessmark Phantasmal Quasar

mod seems to work fine on pleased giraffe right now :O

4. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Looks neat. Sorry for the late reply. I don't check the discussion thread on this one often. Hope you got those permissions. It will be neat to see the finished product.

Ships still work the same as far as I can tell.

5. gatosardina

gatosardina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ryuujinZERO has given his permission t people to take over his original avali mod including all assets, and gave permisssion to add any modification necessary (giving birth to avai triage), so chances are you'll have no problems with the permission tho

6. Ulithium_Dragon

The ship isn't ryuujinZERO's work, though (Devani made it for the unofficial fan update based off of ryuujinZERO's original ship edit), and I already got permission for it. Sadly the original author of the colony ship mod is like, quite inactive, and he/she left quite frank permission notes saying "need explicit permission first", so unless he/she comes back and replies to my PM saying it's ok, I really can't...
    That's the biggest problem with getting permission for this particular edit - I need freaking layered permission lol, since I was working with two ship sprites that were already edits of other people's work! :L

7. Ulithium_Dragon

Attached Files:

8. greenRAM

Awesome! I'll add a link on the front page, if you don't mind. If you make a mod page, I'll make sure to add a link to that page instead.

To make it plug and play check out Ancev Caine's Avali Variant for the Uros IV mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4v0st9n14cbfsz/Uros+IV+(RAM's+version)+-+Avali.zip If I decide to make any support for user-made races, I'll probably use that as a starting off point.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  9. joneau

joneau Void-Bound Voyager

now that were under 1.0 SB, are we seeing this addon working with 1.0 version soon?

10. captainradish

captainradish Void-Bound Voyager

I'll give it a try when I get home from work. As far as I can tell the ship tiers themselves haven't changed one bit, so I don't see why not.

I'll try out the Avali ship as well. I never really cared for the Homeworld-inspired alternative ship myself.

Edit: I haven't thoroughly tested this mod, but it does transition properly from T1 to T8 without any apparent issues. I'd call the mod usable in 1.0 barring anything weird. The only caveat is that it's not designed for the lower jumping ability so you need additional platforms in order to use the base. Nothing too major, IMO.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  11. joneau

joneau Void-Bound Voyager

cool, ty for the info :)

12. Graal

Graal Big Damn Hero

Is there any chance for an update to 1.0?

13. Ulithium_Dragon

Apparently from what was said above it still works with 1.0, making it one of the only mods that wasn't brutally CRUSHED by that update ffs...

Buuut I'm currently working on a new Avali version, this time as a "T9 ship" to patch into the Tier Nine Ships mod - the T8 Avali ship (the alternate one, as I prefer that one) is gonna dock at the colony as the T9 upgrade:

MiningColonyAvali_04.png
    I've got all the sprites done now (including the "lit" and "block data" ones), so now comes the hard part: trying to merge the two ships' .structure files, and amending all the location data with offsets for the new sprite (since stuff is no longer in the same location within the image file on either ship).

I'll start on that tomorrow, it's really late lol... n.nU

14. greenRAM

Right, nothing game breaking with the 1.0 update for this mod since I didn't change the base ships. Still, there's a lot I want to do with this once I take a break from working on my Ore Plants mod.

I've been putting off updating this mod for 1.0 because I wanted to think about what I want to do from here. I think I want to try something new this time round, where I add each level of updates to the vanilla ship as the station updates. This will require redoing the mod a little; however, I think I can take some of what I've done with my version of Uros IV to expand the space needed rather painlessly. Once I release that, your idea will be much easier to implement as well, though it will take me awhile. My Ore Plants mod has been keeping me busy lately. That one really got hit hard by the 1.0 update.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Ulithium_Dragon likes this.
  15. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Orpheus Colony: RAM's edits (Tiered ship for Upbeat Giraffe) with a new update entry:

v3.4 Human Ship is up!

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

There was no player.config or metadata files in the down load. Will it still work with out them in the Mod folder ?

17. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Orpheus Colony: RAM's edits with a new update entry:

v3.5 Indoor rain? Some fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. l4ng4m

l4ng4m Orbital Explorer

elo mama is this bigger than the USSpolaris????? and is this workin for the novababy?

19. Ulithium_Dragon

Just thought I'd mention that you have to specifically petition one of the forum moderators to get your mod moved out of the "Outdated" category - you cannot do it yourself (it's a rather dumb system imo).

20. greenRAM

Yeah, looks that way. I still have the other races to get up though, so maybe it's fine that the tag is there for this one. Perhaps when this is fully updated with all the racial ships I'll do something about it.

Sorry, I don't have the Novakid ship finished yet. Each racial ship will require a good chunk of time for me to update, so it may take awhile still. Until then, feel free to give the finished human version a spin. .