1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

2. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

Love the updated liquid plants!!!!!! They all look great!

And the FU plants are awesome!!! I think the lazulite plant is my favorite, love the blue and purple together. Great work on everything!

3. greenRAM

Yup, the front page has a full list! Raw meats, liquids and ore are grouped together though.

Thanks for all the help with bugs. I wish I had more time to look for those.

The recipe looks like it should be added on seed pickup. The recipe can be used with a new seedconverter machine that's sold at the Terramart.

4. Snebbers

Snebbers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No problem, did say I would take a looksie :) Already patched all the bugs my end though :p
    Even forwarded to my buddies and they're playing with it too.

5. greenRAM

6. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Don't forget to update it to reflect the fact that you've finished the FU add-on! ;)

Nice work, btw. =D

greenRAM likes this.
  7. greenRAM

Right! Better credit FU too while I'm at it.

8. greenRAM

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  9. Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

Might help if you use version numbers like a lot of other mods are doing, like 0.1 or 0.2 etc lets us know if we need to update the mod in our folders when you update it.

10. KateisLost

11. greenRAM

Snebbers likes this.
  12. Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks for the version updating. Just checked the new version and your Coal seed t3 is listed as coal seed t2 still. Basically a doubled version of the recipe. Basically the first coal seed t2 requires a coal seed, the second coal seed t2 requires the coal seed t2...

13. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

FU added Liquid Mercury in a recent update.

14. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

What about Cell Materia (the monster drop...since you did leather), Cell Materia (the ones from the blue plants underground that come off as Cellmateria items, iirc), Flesh Strands, Bio Sample (the things from the trees/plants on toxic planets) and other such 'mini dungeon' drops and whatnot?

There's also the option of adding support for the "Medical Potions" mod where you can then grow Minor, Lesser, "Normal", Greater and Super "Monster Essences" as plants, too (like the Enhanced Storage mod does). :rofl:

15. greenRAM

16. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Also...considering you've implemented plants for FU...have you considered doing the same for new ore/gems/etc that are introduced in the ISE-3 (Industrialization) mod?

EDIT: Actually...it looks as though ISE-3 has its own seeds...though they don't use your tiered system, so it could still be worth 'improving' them with tiered versions of your own. :D It's also outputting dust rather than actual ores, so...there's that, too, heh.

Even though it does have its own seeds, the ores, liquids, etc could still benefit from being adapted into this mod, imo (everything except maybe the bonsai, I'd say, personally, heh)...a list of which (it's everything, from what I can tell) is below:
    • Bonsai (has a seed, yields unrefined wood, heh...is also not compact like most (all?) of yours are)
    • Rubber (Has a seed, yields rubber, though...is also not compact like yours are)
    • "UALiquid" (no idea what liquid type it is, heh)
    • Lubricant (liquid)
    • Amethyst (has a seed, yields 'tiny dusts' instead of ores, probably isn't compact like yours are, either)
    • Emerald (has a seed, yields 'tiny dusts' instead of ores, probably isn't compact like yours are, either)
    • Ruby (has a seed, yields 'tiny dusts' instead of ores, probably isn't compact like yours are, either)
    • Sapphire (has a seed, yields 'tiny dusts' instead of ores, probably isn't compact like yours are, either)
    • Tin (has a seed, yields 'tiny dusts' instead of ores, probably isn't compact like yours are, either)
    • Topaz (has a seed, yields 'tiny dusts' instead of ores, probably isn't compact like yours are, either)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  17. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Started a new character so that I could properly test this out and whatnot (plus I needed a new universe, etc, heh)...so here's some feedback.

The costs for the liquid tier 2-4 seeds should probably be increased by ~50%...maybe even double the cost (in essence...either increase tier 2 to 300, tier 3 to 750 and tier 4 to 1500...or increase them to 400, 1000, 2000). As it stands it's pretty easy to get to tier 4 with these at the moment, I was able to get water and lava to tier 4 within an hour, if that (of course, I harvested a bunch while exploring caves, but that only sufficed to get me started, heh).

The initial cost for the ore seeds should probably be cut in half (or reverted to the original 20 ore per seed)...but you could probably leave the other costs the same (I'm assuming they're the same cost as the liquid tier 2-4 seeds, at present). It's pretty painful to get the ball rolling on these, as opposed to the liquids, heh. I realize it's meant to be effort, but the effort may be a bit too much at present, since you have to put so much into the starting seed(s) first...and then the yield is still much lower than the liquids (which I know is intended and I see no fault in that :p).

Also, have you considered putting in a cheese plant, since you've done almost all the other foods? :D

18. greenRAM

19. KateisLost

20. greenRAM

Thanks! I guess they're craftable anyways, but I thought it still might be fun to have a plantable version. Forgot to add the seed icon though. Debating whether to wait until I update again or update a quick fix. I'm leaning towards wait. Been a long day.