Pixel Omega's Character Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Omega V, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I would have to Object and instead put my money on Golden Sun!

Seajun_ likes this.
  2. And Dino takes the prize!

3. Omega V

Omega V Big Damn Hero

4. Omega V

Omega V Big Damn Hero

Okay, newsflash:
    No more monsters!.png
    I'm not taking monster art requests anymore; I do custom character art using the Starbound avatar sprites, not mobs or custom forum pictures. Any request that I can base off a Starbound character sprite I will do, however.

I don't want to sound offensive on this for people who have requested monster art (Cookiesauce's dinosaur, for example). It's just that I don't enjoy working on monsters, while I really like to do art using Starbound's avatars.

So with that said, here's yoppyx's Nu sprite, which I can't really do much with:
    Nu 3-4ths.png
    Note: I take no credit for Nu which is under Square Enix copyrights. I just edited it a bit.

Sorry for the update, but that's the way I would like things to be for future requests. Starbound character sprites or bust!

5. Omega V

Omega V Big Damn Hero

As for the rest of the sprites (FONV Ranger. Wukong. Zandor. FF7 Vincent. Serenity's mob), I will work on them as I get the inspiration to do so.

Concerning the FTL sprites, I will most likely do all the models, except for the mantis and slug, but those are going to be after I do the rest of the requests.

Look for more today or this weekend. :up:

Loyalsoul likes this.
  6. Omega V

Omega V Big Damn Hero

Here's the Fallout Ranger!
    FONV Ranger.png

Now for Vincent, Zandors thing and Wukong!

NewLiar, Katlatze, Seajun_ and 3 others like this.
  7. Shadewolf10

Shadewolf10 Subatomic Cosmonaut

That looks great mind if I edit a bit?

8. Omega V

Omega V Big Damn Hero

Sure, go ahead! Sprites are made for the people that use them on this thead. :)

Just give credit if you use it for something. :up:

9. Shadewolf10

I'll probably have it as an av.

10. Omega V

Omega V Big Damn Hero

Hope you enjoy it! :)

11. Shadewolf10

I've done a bit of work on it.
    FONV Ranger.png

12. Try using Gimp to make the white background go away.

13. Shadewolf10

No, I'm goign to add one in I dont know yet
    I added flooring so, meh.

14. Omega V

Omega V Big Damn Hero

Sorry about my absence as of recent, I am enjoying being free from college work; I hope I will get some aspiration and inspiration soon to do the rest of these sprite requests that are lined up.

In all honesty, I almost feel as if I'd like to do personal inspired sprites on my own time during summer. Requests are good and all because they give me ideas to do, but I don't know if I'm being too slow when it comes to doing them. I don't want to keep someone hanging who is waiting for their request to be finished, albeit so far people have been generally satisfied with their requests.

Basically, I'm debating taking so many requests in the future, and replacing it with personal ideas and work. Considering once Starbound/beta comes around I will really be stuffing time into the game itself, as I'm sure all of us will be, I probably won't frequent the forums as much.

I do have some ideas for future sprites, such as Planetside 2 infantry a la Starbound, among others.

I hope you all can understand; I will finish up these last few requests, but after this I'm not sure I will want to take them constantly.

Thanks for your understanding!

15. Omega V

Omega V Big Damn Hero

After a little too long, here's Vincent!
    Vincent Starbound.png

Looks nice to me! The claw arm looks more like a hammer fist to me though.

Yes I used the same pistol from the Ranger, minus the scope.

I think I may do either Zandor's avatar he wanted, which wouldn't take me long at all, or Wukong next. I'll get them done, I promise that.

I'm unsure when I will get to the other sprites, and I'm unsure of what to do for Serenity's mob, considering it's more along the lines of monster art. I wish inspiration and motivation would come easier. :confused:

NewLiar and Seajun_ like this.
  16. Loyalsoul

Loyalsoul Star Wrangler

Thanks Omega! It looks amazing man I love it!

17. Omega V

Omega V Big Damn Hero

Here's your sign Starbound Avatar, Zandor.
    Zandor d00d.png

I hope it's what you were looking for! :)

Okay, I am going to do Wukong, and then I'm going to take a break from requested art.

I will continue to do art in the interim, but from my own ideas.

Sooner or later I may pick up request taking again, so don't think it's the last chance! :up:

Arch-Mage Zandor likes this.
  18. Omega, I don't think you should change the size of pixels... Even if it's for a small symbol...

19. Omega V

Omega V Big Damn Hero

:wut: Wut? If you're talking about the "R" on this last guy's suit, that was on the base image Zandor supplied for me, which I didn't change.

If I'm talking about something else, could you clarify?

20. That was on Zandor's design. Omega just fixed/added to it.