October 7th - More Status

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Oct 7, 2014.

1. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...I want that effect. I want to be a walking strobe light.

2. Freezair

Freezair Pangalactic Porcupine

*oontzing intensifies*

Rainbow Dash likes this.
  3. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Title Not Found

Disco party!

4. dwuff

dwuff Phantasmal Quasar

You can't possibly say "nothing exciting," show us a MAGIC RAINBOW PARTY LIGHT HAT and then say it's not going to be included in the game! Maybe you could put that status effect on a crystal of sorts that is a placeable light source?

5. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You should make a tool that lets you configure objects- like if I click on a light, a menu comes up of status effects it can make, the color light it can project, stuff like that, but you need to make this tool with a late-game item, maybe impervium or something dropped by the final boss.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It has always spawned new characters in the same universe. You probably meant spawning on the same planet.

7. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Well, my Hylotl and Human shared the same system being spawned to. As in, same starter planet, and same nearby desert planet with meteor chance on it.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's what I said, isn't it? The mistake here is that you initially said "is it me or do all my characters now start in the same universe", which is nothing new. Now you narrowed it down to the same system and then planet, which I said was probably what you meant when you wrote "universe" in the first place. Despite what it all might sound like we're actually agreeing here.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  9. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

It's time to have a RAVE.

10. starboundish

starboundish Phantasmal Quasar

This "ridiculous effect" is looking awesome. Hope there'll be more just like that for in-base party rooms and such ;).

White-bluish strobe beams for me please.

11. noxlupus

noxlupus Void-Bound Voyager

Hell yes, disco hats. It will be interesting to see if this means npcs will be able to use lights in dark spaces. Might be cool to see a wandering light underground and not know it its a friendly.

12. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I'd love to kill Glitch peeps with a Daft Punk-expy helmet that does that, then get it off from their heads!

13. MariSama

MariSama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All I can think of is "rave helmet" and all can hear is "un-tss un-tss un-tss un-tss..."

lolz

Crazyboy52 likes this.
  14. Crazyboy52

Crazyboy52 Master Chief

i think his guy eat mushroom

15. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice, better\more Light!^^ Keep it coming :D

16. Silvador

Silvador Phantasmal Quasar

DISCO HELMET FTW!!!! \o/

17. TheLostSentinel

TheLostSentinel Big Damn Hero

Admit it, you were going "UN-TSS UN-TSS UN-TSS UN-TSS UN- TSS" in your head when you saw that GIF.

EPILEPSY WARNING:

[​IMG]

The Penguin King demands his almighty igloo be filled with much lighting displays and dancing!

Treequil and Hatsya Souji like this.
  18. RedReaper

RedReaper Void-Bound Voyager

The lighting effect that you got there is cool. I am now wondering if we are gonna get a rainbownade.

19. Exsistentiam

Exsistentiam Pangalactic Porcupine

now we're just missing a friendly pink dragon.

20. Knight9910

Knight9910 Existential Complex

Disco status effect. It makes you start doing the Night At The Roxbury head bob. I don't know if you've ever done the head bob, but it is crippling. You can't do anything else at the same time.