1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue NPCs randomly die with no interaction.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by royal_fish, Aug 24, 2017.

1. royal_fish

royal_fish Phantasmal Quasar

Both enemy NPCs and village NPCs seem to randomly die for no reason. A poor Avian was sleeping in his bed as I walked by and poof, there he went. I was about to engage an enemy, but he decided to die and drop his pixels.

I have a number of mods running, like New Tenants, Revamped Randomly-Generated NPC Quests, ShadowWolf's Legacy Pack, Improved NPC Behavior, Better NPC Equipment, etc.

If a mod is causing this issue, is there any way to find out which one it is without starting a new game for each mod added and waiting for NPCs to poof out of existence? Are there popular mods known to do this?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound log located in the storage folder of your starbound install.

~ Iris ~

3. royal_fish

Here ya go!

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Update your starbound and see if the error persists.

~ Iris ~

5. royal_fish

I have the latest version that I am able to download from GOG.com. It says 1.3.2 there, but I see that the log still says 1.3.0.

6. royal_fish

So, it's still happening with the latest version, even after completely wiping my character and universe.