1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

NPC Interactive Objects?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ZallCaTor, Oct 1, 2015.

1. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, when I play Starbound, or any game, I'm all about immersion. And this new colonist update is awesome! My entire ship is teaming with life now. I especially love how the colonists interact with objects and other NPCs.

But I'm curious, what objects do they interact with? Is there a list available?
    I know they use the water cooler and they beat on the drums, sit in chairs and flip levers.
    But aside from those, what else do they do? What other objects could I place in my ship for them to interact with?

Thanks for your help. :p

1nfinitezer0 likes this.
  2. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

The wiki says any object with the NPCtoy attribute. I didn't link in case you don't want spoilers.

Ones that you didn't mention: Paintings, Gongs, teleporters, tombstones, trashbins, wiring, consoles

Oxidis likes this.
  3. ZallCaTor

Oh, ok. Is that attribute listed in game? Or is it something I have to look up on the wiki? Also, how do they interact with paintings and teleporters. That seems odd. :p

4. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

No, those attributes are only available if you've extracted the assets as explained in the modding tutorials. There's a few with that data on the wiki so far, but mostly just the furnaces (e.g. http://starbounder.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Data:Scififurnace&action=edit )
    I haven't tried the paintings myself, but the teleporters they beam themselves around locally.

5. ZallCaTor

Ah ok. Thanks. :)

6. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

Also arcade machines and furnaces. Including the magnetic crucible.

7. haslador

haslador Space Hobo

I looked all over the wiki, nothing says about what items are interactive other then what you just said but they add ect. on the end, also no object on the wiki says npctoy attribute so there is no link to post about it, if any one has a list of the interactive items, please post it.