November 3rd - Dungeon Shield Generator Implementation

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

also apex brick village & human prison... Those are the two I can add to above that have them as well.

2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Aw man. I loved stealing all the cool Apex stuff... Those couches were the best...

Tamorr likes this.
  3. FoggyPaws

FoggyPaws Subatomic Cosmonaut

What are you talking about? You can still do that, you just have to clear the dungeon and break the generator.
    Mission Dungeons can't be broken, like the erichus mining facility, or the dreadwing boss, but on-planet dungeons can once you go through the whole dungeon and disable it.

4. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Losing your cool. Expires: 2 months
    If you're not using the shittiest shit in history of games, and that is a Accelerator's table, than yeah. Maybe it ain't that bad. My manipulator friend compared his armor with mine. Yay. Accelerator have 25 less health, 75 more armor and a MOTHERF^CKING 420 LESS ENERGY. Hell of a deal for one more hit. F^cking piece of shit... But hey. We got our server running and destroyed this f^ck. And you can brutally murder this little penguin with a bazooka.X3
    At least game gets funnier after that mistake. I got my pet cat (I'm suprised, that no one knows how to.), finally got a guitar (playing over 30 hours, didn't found a single f^cking instrument), upgraded my ship several times. Couple more upgrades and I can burn my land shack to the ground.
    Also good luck with your max tier armor. Solarium only on fiery stars, you can't get there without special tech. You're getting tech by beating the penguin. You can't have the max tier armor without sollarium. See were I'm getting there?

@Edit: Why can't we get the simple craftable ammo system instead of this retarded Mass Effect mechanic? ME2 did the right thing. Terraria does this right too. Naah. Starbound needs to have every singe stupid gun powered by energy straight from ass.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Hatsya Souji likes this.
  5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Tenth time's not the charm either.

6. FoggyPaws

FoggyPaws Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was using Violium armor and a Hammer, or maybe Impervium, whatever you have access to when you get to that boss.

I got my cat too btw, Mining Facility is favorite dungeon because of it.

MrStrangerPL likes this.
  7. MrStrangerPL

Cool. Everyone I know doesn't know (sure) how to get it. :) Nobody seem to need or like morphball. :/ If every mission had something like this. I was told that Dreadwing attacked a willage. I was lied to. ;_;

8. Nujuju299

Nujuju299 Big Damn Hero

I found a shield generator on top of an apex settlement once too, you know, all those apartment buildings and stuff. It was before I knew they dropped computer chips so it was kind of a disappointment that I didn't get the shield generator. :(
    Still, they're there... Not exactly the smartest place for one in my opinion but they're there nevertheless.[DOUBLEPOST=1423385805][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Actually the thing is.... It seems you get there far too late, because in the last updates, koala updates, Dreadwing is always there with his UFO razing the nearby terrain. Though, not all that well, I think you just simply get too good armor and weapons or positional advantages to deal with him...
    So you're not lied to, you're just really, REALLY late to the party. :p

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  9. MrStrangerPL

Possibly.
    ,,Dreadwing is attacking a village! Go mine for a couple of hours, go get armor, weapon, old, and then come back. Otherwise you can't help our poor citizen.''

Those penguins man... :up:

10. Axl_Barude

Axl_Barude Space Spelunker

so found me an Apex test facility and really bummed out......one of the courses is gone so I cant activate the second switch to get to whatever is left of the place. darnit

11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

That happened to me once, although I don't think that had to do witth the shield generators. It was more of a dungeon generation bug.

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

If the course is gone, that's clearly a generation bug, so I guess you're right Bustow.

13. Dunto

Dunto Guest

There was a known issue with dungeon generation that caused the Apex lab (and possibly other dungeons) to have a chunk of dirt/stone right in the middle of it, so you couldn't navigate the hallways. It seems like it's still being fixed, but in the meantime you can use an admin command to disable tile protection and then you can dig your way through as needed.

The Squid and Kawa like this.
  14. Nujuju299

Nujuju299 Big Damn Hero

I'd have to agree with the generation bug entirely here. It sounds like dungeons, dirt, stone, whatever is somehow managing to overlap other dungeons when they shouldn't. Which, is also the exact reasoning for the bug too.

15. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

how do you disable tile protection via console?

16. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Dunto likes this.
  17. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

What @Jonesy said is true, but for your answer look at "settileprotection" here:

http://starbounder.org/Commands

Side note.. making your text smaller is probably unnecessary.

Dunto likes this.