1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Novakid respawn/Any good pixel artists out there?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SilverDarkBlade, May 3, 2016.

1. SilverDarkBlade

SilverDarkBlade Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have been thinking about the novakid respawn for a while because vanilla placeholder is terrible and the novakid+ 's respawn animation just seems a bit off to me. the idea i have in my mind would be swirling gasses of various colors slowly enveloping a metal object (the brand) then turning into a bright humanoid shape before displaying your respawning character. any feedback would be interesting and even better if some skilled artist thinks they can pull it off.

2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Novakid+ mod had this:
    [​IMG]
    Personally I thought it was cool/cute/funny enough to be official.

3. ArrowtheHobbit

ArrowtheHobbit Seal Broken

Agreed

4. SilverDarkBlade

if you had read carefully you would see what i mentioned about novakid+. and i get that this is a ncie animation, it just feels odd to me
    i mean they aren't liquid, they are gas

5. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

I am aware, just giving the reference you were making if anyone else wanted to see. Also stated that I personally liked the animation. I'm sure there is a real life chemical reaction somewhere where if two liquids were to combine would make a gas. I'm not a chemist though and could easily be wrong.

SilverDarkBlade likes this.
  6. Lintton

Lintton Guest

If you want to be technical, they are plasma.

7. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

How about taking up details from the story behind them? it says they was made in the fusion furnace of a star so maybe use some thing based on that detail showing a furnace with a ball of light floating inside it have it glow brighter over time and growing bigger and then it shrinks down leaving a novakid standing where the ball of light was floating.

8. dmanriquezs

dmanriquezs Void-Bound Voyager

How about: In a capsule there is their brand, then the capsule seems to fill with gas (depending on their colour) and then the brand emmits light and generates the plasma "shell" of their body, then the gas disperses and the capsule opens.

Not a bad idea am I right?

9. SilverDarkBlade

im liking the conversation started here.
    And they are gas that turns into plasma. so technically we are both right. just more-so you.

I just don't like the novakid+ animation. and the placeholder is really annoying.
    interesting sounding idea. would be better than anything we have currently

10. SilverDarkBlade

there are some reactions that cause that, i just more think of novakids being made from.. well supernovas as the name implies. also sorry if i came off a bit hostile ^^;