1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue "No Suitable Graphics Card" Error?

Discussion in 'Support' started by nolliemai, Feb 27, 2016.

1. negisuki

negisuki Space Hobo

I solved this problem. (Part of the situation is different.)
    I found the same error message, so I installed a Swiftshader. However, the game became very heavy.

I examined the problem, and "Intel HD graphics" was found that it is the cause.
    I downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the sound card at the site of PC manufacture.
    Then, the game worked without problems.
    I recommend that you update to the latest drivers that match the PC at the manufacturer site or Intel site (intel driver update utility).
    (My PC itself can't found the latest driver from control panel. Please download directly from the PC manufacture or Intel site.)
    It might solve the problem.

• idiotequed

idiotequed Aquatic Astronaut

Unfortunately... I played this game for 92 hours with no problem back in February/March. I took a break for school.

Suddenly, I can't open the damn thing. Same error message. I am not using a toaster; I am using the Microsoft SurfaceBook with integrated graphics. I even went into the NVidia control panel to run Stardew on the high-processing NVidia chip, which is frankly a little ridiculous given the low demand of the game, to no avail.

I don't understand why it's so screwy suddenly. Did a subsequent update make it unplayable for me? My graphics cards are both up to date.

• derpmagicz

derpmagicz Void-Bound Voyager

So, from what I can tell this has been a problem since launch, and it still hasn't been resolved. i have tried most if not all previously listed solutions and have gotten nowhere. My graphics card is an integrated intel card ( Intel(R) HD Graphics ) and i think the problem lies there. I can run games like terraria and starbound with no problem other than minimal amounts of lag, even though they theoretically have the same problem. Lucky for me, chucklefish seems to have fixed it for starbound since i bought it and it plays fine so i think our greatest chance of this being fixed lies with them instead of stardew valley's actual creator since they have fixed this problem before and it won't require much effort. I hope that if they dont hear about this problem from someone they stumble upon it while making the multiplayer.

Edit: I reread this and i see that i am kinda saying that the Dev is a jerk for not squashing the bug or whatever, but i don't mean disrespect, quite the opposite in fact. I am merely trying to find the problem and state that chucklefish has experienced this problem before so they are better equipped to find a solution. I often come off as condescending and arrogant without realizing it when i try to help. Also thanks if you are reading this ConcernedApe and have fixed the problem! As well as thanks for slogging your way through my wall of text :nurutease:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
        • NOAHDADDY

NOAHDADDY Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same problem.Really enjoy playing Starbound and have been waiting to play Stardew Valley. I have not tried any of these fixes yet , but I am playing on Windows 7 not 10. Would anyone happen to know if this matters before I try theses fixes. So far all information I am getting is that I am out of luck unless I plan on buying a new PC. Definitely would buy a new PC if I could, but right now that is not in the picture for me for a while. It's hard to understand when my PC more than meets the recommended requirements from the Steam store page.( unless I'm missing something). I started reading this forum post and writing my post before I got to the last page of post.....I might see some light after all. I'm going to go try some of these recommendations and hopefully get to playing the game. I bought the game back when it came out and had to return it because of this issue.......but maybe this time I have some better info. Off to purchase again......:nuruhype:

• Marwid

Marwid Intergalactic Tourist

100% work, guide:

• NOAHDADDY

NOAHDADDY Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks so much for graphics card fix. i just repurchased the game Sunday so you just got me playing sooner than I thought,which is awesome. Thank you again Marwid.....really appreciate this. Have a great day.......

• KotomineKirei

KotomineKirei Intergalactic Tourist

I have been having the same problem as the one in this thread, and nothing that others have recommended to do has worked.

Will this issue ever be fixed?

Edit:
                I installed the Intel graphics driver from Intel (not the one from the computer's manufacturer), and the game works now.
                Also, sorry for posting in this old thread, but I hope that this helps anyone who has the same issue that I had.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
                • Kamyk94

Kamyk94 Intergalactic Tourist

How did you find your driver s? I got problem bcuz my gf got integrated graphics... And there is no graphics as I'm looking for

• KotomineKirei

KotomineKirei Intergalactic Tourist

Sorry for the late reply.
                    Do you know what company made the integrated graphics?

• Hogweed

Hogweed Void-Bound Voyager

I got this problem when I did the latest AMD update today (Been playing this game for a while now). It update to 17.4.2. When I rebooted, I started getting this error.
                      I downloaded that d3d9.dll file, and put it in the Windows..... GAC_32/V4....etc.. folder, and it did not work.
                      If you are using an AMD Radeon card (I have the 7800) I tried messing with some of the settings in the AMD Radeon settings screen. 1st I went into the gaming and selected SDV. Then I changed the Anti-aliasing Mode to Enhanced. Anisotropic Filtering mode I set to Use App Settings. In the Video section, I chose to Enable Enhanced. In the Display tab, I turned on Virtual Super Resolution, and GPU Scaling. When I started the game it worked. Hope this helps someone else!

• Hogweed

Hogweed Void-Bound Voyager

I got this problem when I did the latest AMD update today (Been playing this game for a while now). It update to 17.4.2. When I rebooted, I started getting this error. I downloaded that d3d9.dll file, and put it in the Windows..... GAC_32/V4....etc.. folder, and it did not work. If you are using an AMD Radeon card (I have the 7800) I tried messing with some of the settings in the AMD Radeon settings screen. 1st I went into the gaming and selected SDV. Then I changed the Anti-aliasing Mode to Enhanced. Anisotropic Filtering mode I set to Use App Settings. In the Video section, I chose to Enable Enhanced. In the Display tab, I turned on Virtual Super Resolution, and GPU Scaling. When I started the game it worked. Hope this helps someone else!