1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Notice Nightly builds not launching? Check here first!

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Dunto, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoTimeForStalin

NoTimeForStalin Pangalactic Porcupine

I seem to be having the same exact problem as you are, and I would very much like some help with it.

2. Chaggit

Chaggit Void-Bound Voyager

Here are the details on how to fix the AssetException issue with the latest build, since I haven't seen full instructions anywhere yet. These instructions are specific for windows, and having Starbound installed/updated using Steam, but the only difference for other systems should be the location of the files.
    If you'd like to work with a backup, create a backup copy of the packed.pak file located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets

First, you have to unpack the packed.pak in the assets folder:
    1. Open the command prompt
      1. Start Menu, but do not click on anything after the start button. Your cursor will already be in the search box if you're using Windows 7
      2. Type 'cmd' and hit enter
    2. Enter the command to unpack the packed.pak:
      Code:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\win32\asset_unpacker.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\packed.pak" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\test"
    3. Do not close the cmd window, you will need it again to re-pack the assets.
    Now you need to actually fix the syntax error:
    1. Navigate to the unpacked assets in File Explorer. We've put them at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\test
    2. Open the interface.config file in Notepad, or some other text editor
    3. Use the Find feature (Ctrl+F) to search for itemCountRightAnchor
    4. Just before itemCountRightAnchor there is a curly brace: }
    5. Add a comma after the curly brace
    6. Save and close the file
    Then you just have to repack the packed.pak file:
    1. Go back to the cmd window
    2. Enter the command to repack the packed.pak:
      Code:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\win32\asset_packer.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\test" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\packed.pak"
    It'll take a little while for the file to get created, but once it's done you should be able to run the game. Information about the packed.pak file is from this thread.

lui100100 and Blake81 like this.
  3. lui100100

lui100100 Void-Bound Voyager

Thx a lot !!!! The above solution is work !

4. Seems that was a simple syntax error. It's something you'd expect to see in nightly pushes. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been something like this before. They're really good about pushing only finished (mostly finished) things to the branch.

5. parrotman

parrotman Void-Bound Voyager

where is the config folder i can't seem to find it?

6. Samsonsmith

Samsonsmith Void-Bound Voyager

anyone else getting Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (UuidException) Size mismatch in reading Uuid from ByteArray: 4 vs 16 ? I deleted player and universe stuff.

7. Jimjam52

Jimjam52 Aquatic Astronaut

[​IMG] this is my error code? it starts up so i get the chuclefish logo and then gives me this and shutsdown? i have deleted the starbound.config file multiple times but that had no effect? ideas?

8. prototyp2000

prototyp2000 Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound makes NO FUN ONLY BUGS AND ERRORS-.......... and nobody can fix the error

9. Just a normal avian

Just a normal avian Aquatic Astronaut

I've got worldParameters. How do i fix it?!?!?:chrono:

10. Canman333000

Canman333000 Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

I am recieving this error whenever I try to start a new character's world. Any fixes?

11. blazz001

blazz001 Orbital Explorer

when i hit the launch Starbound button from the Starbound launcher i get this message.
    (starException) Could not initialize input from configuration.
    (MapException) Key 'interfaceBar0' not found in map::got()
    KeyBindings::updateActionFromConfig()
    KeyBindings::KeyBindings()
    ClientApplication::ClientApplication()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

its followed by a run time error right after. i have tried a few fixes i have seen on other boards that seem to work for them but not me. like deleting the config file so it creats a new one, deleting the player file, and deleting the universe file. all of which at separate occations and replacing them with a backed up copy. btw i do have the whole game backed up just in case something like this happens. the reason im trying to get onto the nightly is to try out a few of these new mods i keep seeing a few of my friends use. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

....ok i just checked on my back up folder and both my backup and standard no longer have a config file. dont know why that is either.

12. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Maybe it sounds rude but have you read the first post? ^^'

13. blazz001

yeah unfortunatly i dont have a starbound.config file in my game either the standard or nightly. i have installed and reinstalled each about 4 times today and am doing a disk cleanup shortly. but i cant change any of these seeing as there is no file to alter. i do have a config file but 80% of it is based of key bindes and not a sinlge one of these match up with the errors

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  14. Iris Blanche

The starbound.config exists for every starbound. After you switched to the nightlies you must delete the config file so that the nightly build can recreate it. The nightly build uses more config-values which doesn't exists in the stable starbound.

15. blazz001

ill give it a shot and will back up my game but just delete that one file before switching to nightly.

16. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    How to fix?

17. Iris Blanche

Make a backup of your universe folder and then delete the universe.dat. If this doesn't work delete the contents of the universe folder.

xXTazXx and The Furreonist like this.
  18. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks a lot.

19. Chicogatodark

Chicogatodark Orbital Explorer

Hey, im here because of starbound crashing on nightly build when im playing with mods, it says

Caused by: (VariantException) (VariantException) No such key in Variant::get("humanoidTiming") in query("humanoidTiming")
    VariantException::VariantException(string)
    Variant::query(String)
    Assets::variant(String)
    Humanoid::HumanoidTiming::HumanoidTiming(Variant)
    PlayerConfig::playerConfig(Map<String, Variant, unordered_map<String, Variant, hash<String, void>, equal_to<String>, allocator<pair<String, Variant> > > >)
    PlayerFactory::load()
    Root::reload()
    _Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

anyone has an idea?

20. Iris Blanche

Playing with mods on nightlies is kind of suicide ^^ You should try without mods and see if the error persists. If not enable one mod after another and try it again. If the error comes up with a mod you need to contact the specific mod author. Here can only be given support for vanilla (non-modded) game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.