1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Notice Nightly builds not launching? Check here first!

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Dunto, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archiewhite

Archiewhite Aquatic Astronaut

What should i do? No effect from deleting config.

Attached Files:

• Bug.txt
      File size:
      359 bytes
      Views:
  2. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

During the Nightly push of September 4 (today), the game updated with a seemingly empty and/or corrupted packed.PAK file. There's nothing we can really do to fix the issue unless they push a hotfix sometime soon (or unless you somehow saved the previous packed.pak file, then you're in luck, simply replace the new one with the one you have).

3. Randomperson11

Randomperson11 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think this was covered in your guide, I try doing OpenGL but this pops up, is this because of the Nightly build? If so, do you know how to fix it?

Attached Files:

4. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Check my previous post! :lickitung:

5. Archiewhite

Archiewhite Aquatic Astronaut

<Stares at G.Xyon like a herbicided Floran>

6. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

I may or may not have a backup of September 3rd's build. Before I divulge any information, is it against the ToS to share such files? Should I just sit down and patiently wait for the next hotfix?

7. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

I am having EXACTLY the same bug, and already tried everything(Delete Player and Universe, Delete .config file, Full Reinstall) and nothing works. It seems that we'll have to wait for today's Nightly to (hopefully) solve this.

EDIT: Just found the cause of this. The Assets file is broken, as it size reduced from over 800MBs to some meager 33Kbs.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  8. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Variant Exception "adjustTerrain"? How do I fix that one?

9. Randomperson11

I just deleted my Starbound.config and it worked again, so I'd try that out!

10. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

I actually tried the other world thing that you delete the universe.dat, that seemed to have fixed it.

11. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Welcome to the world of bugs, where somehow two different actions both fix it completely.

12. Randomperson11

Well, to be honest I forgot I also deleted my universe folder as well!:facepalm: I just forgot like a dumbass!:badpokerface:

linkthegamer likes this.
  13. The adjustTerrain fix was added yesterday to the guide xD.

14. darkgumball6579

darkgumball6579 Void-Bound Voyager

Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (InvalidMaybeAccessException)
    StarException::StarException()
    Maybe<BiomeWorldParameters>::eek:perator->() [clone .part.63]
    WorldRegionData::buildTerrestrialRegions(TerrestrialWorldParameters, unsigned long long)
    WorldTemplate::WorldTemplate(shared_ptr<VisitableWorldParameters>, unsigned long long)
    WorldTemplate::WorldTemplate(CelestialParameters)
    UniverseServer::createCelestialWorld(CelestialCoordinate)
    UniverseServer::UniverseServer(String, bool)
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

15. Please make a new thread about this in the nightly fourm and provide the following:
    • A synopsis of the issue
    • Reproduction steps for the issue
    • A copy of your Starbound.log file
    With that information we can attempt to diagnose your issue.

linkthegamer likes this.
  16. lui100100

lui100100 Void-Bound Voyager

Please help me.

Info: Client version 'Beta v. Rampaging Koala - Update 1' Protocol: 657
    Info: Running from : E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound.exe
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Error: Could not load /interface.config asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /interface.config
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /interface.config
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 260: 3
    Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (AssetException) Could not read variant value /interface.config:minInterfaceScale
    StarException::StarException(string, exception)
    AssetException::AssetException(string, exception)
    Assets::variant(String)
    ClientApplication::ClientApplication()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Caused by: (VariantException) (VariantException) Improper conversion to VariantMap from null in query("minInterfaceScale")
    VariantException:: VariantException(string)
    Variant::query(String)
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Autzome likes this.
  17. Scimarad

Scimarad Aquatic Astronaut

What he said!

I've deleted the universe folder, all the saves and the config file, reinstalled and done it all over again but I'm still getting the message that lui100100 is.

18. SolarDwagon

SolarDwagon Star Wrangler

Deleted all saves, config and universe folder.
    Error on launching

Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (AssetException) Could not read variant value /interface.config:minInterfaceScale
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Caused by: (VariantException) (VariantException) Improper conversion to VariantMap from null in query("minInterfaceScale")
    VariantException::VariantException(string)
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

19. MojoD

MojoD Space Hobo

Hi there, sorry for bothering, but i have this error, trying to run nightly
    AND i even dont have a Universe and a player folders(since i have reinstalled steam just 10 mins ago)
    The error occures when i'm trying to start openGL, just after pressing launch button

Info: Running from : ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound_opengl.exe
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 260:3
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

VariantException::VariantException(string)
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

20. Unac

Unac Void-Bound Voyager

the game simply does not open
    I've tried all the procedures but still in vain
    I went to the Star Bound folder and Contained the following log:

Info: Running from : /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 1024 sample size buffer
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 260:3
    Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '../starbound.config'
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(_ZN4Star13StarExceptionC1ESs+0x7c) [0x11b5eec]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(_ZN4Star13StarExceptionC1ESsRKSt9exception+0x33) [0x11b65f3]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(_ZN4Star14AssetExceptionC1ESsRKSt9exception+0x2a) [0xb2b24a]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(_ZNK4Star6Assets7variantERKNS_6StringE+0x2d6) [0xb29ea6]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(_ZN4Star17ClientApplicationC1Ev+0x4b8) [0x948a88]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(main+0xee) [0x93d07e]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x7f7f5bb09ec5]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound() [0x94427d]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(_ZN4Star13StarExceptionC1ESs+0x7c) [0x11b5eec]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(_ZN4Star16VariantExceptionC2ESs+0x2a) [0xd9e09a]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(_ZNK4Star7Variant5queryERKNS_6StringE+0xabf) [0x118c31f]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(_ZNK4Star6Assets7variantERKNS_6StringE+0x11a) [0xb29cea]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(_ZN4Star17ClientApplicationC1Ev+0x4b8) [0x948a88]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound(main+0xee) [0x93d07e]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x7f7f5bb09ec5]
    /home/uriel/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound() [0x94427d]

Plz Help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.