1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

News on the next patch:

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by The Observer, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Chronopolice

Chronopolice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good news indeed. I am happy to know that the Devs are making the world feel more... alive. I hope that this project could rival the Distant Worlds series (a 2d, pausable, real-time, 4X strategy game) in making the Starbound Universe feel lively.

P.S. As I've noticed, The Observer's the name of the OP. Makes me think of newspapers of the broadsheet kind. The Starbound Observer seems to have a nice ring to it.

2. hrafnkel

hrafnkel Subatomic Cosmonaut

Going by the AMA I would say there won't be. The general attitude I saw in the AMA answers was (AND THIS IS NOT A DIRECT QUOTE, JUST A SUMMARY) "rather than trying to make more realistic, educated guesses, we just aren't going to tell you guys when to expect things at all." Truthfully, it's probably for the best that way.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  3. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

Do you have to specify the part of a quote that you edited if the quote itself was a quote that wasn't actually a quote to begin with? What about quoting an imaginary quote passed off as truthiness?

ogboot likes this.
  4. Terwin94

Terwin94 Pangalactic Porcupine

So is CF not releasing a valentines day update on said day? I know they have a lot to handle but you would think a holiday update would be on or before the holiday it is supposed to be for.

5. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

As far as new pets, I kinda hope they add those fish as catachables so you can act like you're using magikarp in battle.

6. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Sure would of been nice to read this on the official site.

Akado, ogboot, Skunkie and 3 others like this.
  7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I was hoping it would be coming out today.....

8. thefrozenone

thefrozenone Master Chief

When it's released, you will.

Jbeetle likes this.
  9. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

One can hope they will archive the notes on the site on release I guess. Seems more likely than getting actual information on the site when its posted.

D-16 likes this.
  10. Demonoid74

Demonoid74 Star Wrangler

SPLASH

When they do eventually get around to the last world wipe , I hope they will let us know ahead of time for that! My giant green house I built...I would hate to lose all of that food!

11. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

you must be new. "space hobo" - yep.

they typically dont post the notes to the mainpage for another 2-3 days beyond the patch being released.

Fluff and hrafnkel like this.
  12. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

You know what isn't truthful? Quoting things from developers that they never said.

I hope we will hear something from the developers soon, but everyone needs to calm the rhetoric as it is NOT helpful.

greenman and Wanderwynd like this.
  13. Edupas

Edupas Void-Bound Voyager

Valentine's items are going to seem pretty silly when the patch comes out, now that the holiday's passed. I'd rather they not even include them.

Of course, even if the patch had released before Valentine's day I'd rather they not have included them, because screw that holiday.

ogboot likes this.
  14. Starboundcommunity566

Starboundcommunity566 Pangalactic Porcupine

Tbh I don't see why you'd add holiday themed stuff that's going to look WAY out of place with the rest of the game the rest of the year. And maybe like the xmas stuff its going to be disabled after the holiday.

Holiday stuff (unless its big events) seems like something best left to mods. Unless its something simple like growing flowers that look in place any time of the year.

15. ff13xxxx

ff13xxxx Space Hobo

time to make guides ???

they could make extra page outside of forum for guides

16. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I'm personally excited for the new death animations :p But I also can't wait until we can tame dogs, I hope when Fossils are released I can get my pet Liopleurodon :3

Also, new items sounds exciting, maybe some USCM armor/weaponry, such as the Power Armor :D

17. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Wondering if its possible to get wall penetrating projectiles into the game, would like to have a gaussrifle/railgun penetrating metal walls ^^

18. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

Hey guys! Be sure to stay on topic. Thanks!

19. hrafnkel

hrafnkel Subatomic Cosmonaut

You know what isn't helpful? Deliberately ignoring what I said. I pretty plainly said "the general attitude I saw." And then I used quotation marks to frame that attitude. I did not attribute those exact words to the developers. If you wanna tell me to stay on topic, feel free, but don't badger me for something I didn't do. They DID say, several times, they were not giving dates any more because it's bit them in the ass. They also didn't say anything to suggest they had any idea why it's bitten them in the ass, ie., they've never once met a single ETA other than "beta by the end of 2013!"

Not trying to be confrontational but I mean, come on. It was pretty clear I wasn't trying to directly quote exactly what the devs said.

Pingeh likes this.
  20. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

That isn't what quotes are used for. I'm not trying to be confrontational either, but if you use quotes there will be some people that attribute what you said to the devs. And even still, what you said is an incredibly negative version of what was said in the Q&A, so framing it as a summary of what was said is, frankly, not helpful. This discussion is over publicly, if you want to continue talking how the post is framed please send me a private message.