Modding Help Newbie Questions: Alternative textures + Building (interior) sizes? Custom Buildings?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Cara-Bunny, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Cara-Bunny

Cara-Bunny Intergalactic Tourist

Hello there! I'm new to stardew modding but I really enjoy it! However there's a few things I'm really confused about, I've looked through Wikis but for some reason I just can't understand it.

I would like to use Alternative Textures for buildings so I can have different types of houses on different characters but I don't know if that's even possible? I've seen CP mods but I believe they're the only type that show up after they're installed?

Some people have changed interiors, I would really like to make things like that (and possibly, turn a shed into a custom building / cellar-only building?) along with farms but I don't understand where to start or what to look up for things like that? And if there is a way to make Robin sell different type of sheds? Sorry for all the questions, I thought here would be a good place to ask!

• glimmerguk

glimmerguk Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if I understand all of your questions but you can dowload retextures for the visual aspect like Rustic Country Town Interiors. I don't know about the size of building interiors though.

• Cara-Bunny

Cara-Bunny Intergalactic Tourist

Sorry for the confusion!

I'm trying to make mods! I'm just wondering where would be the best place to go to look for farm map changes + interior map changes?

If I installed a house recoloured purple and a house recoloured pink with CP, would both of them show up or only one?

• glimmerguk

glimmerguk Void-Bound Voyager

I still don't understand half of what you're talking about sorry! I don't make mods so I couldn't tell you specific steps to follow, you should probably join the svd discord and ask in the making mods channel.

Though I have understood if you try to load two mods that do the same thing they counteract each other and smapi won't load either of them.