Modding Help New to modding, need help with Configuring?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by dannydangerzone, Jan 20, 2019.

1. dannydangerzone

dannydangerzone Space Hobo

This is my first time posting so I'm a little jittery haha

But I'm very new to modding Stardew Valley mods (The most I've done before is Minecraft and even then I download it through twitch haha)
    And I'm still sort of... forcing myself through trial and error and the biggest hangup I have is... I'm awful at any sort of coding. I guess my ADD doesn't want me to learn how to do anything because anytime I sit down and try I get a massive migraine and decide it's just not worth it and move on;

But I think I'm finally going to ask for help!

I've been trying to play with Flower Valley and therefor, Eemie's Map Recolors, and... Well, I have no idea how to configure the settings.

[​IMG]

I just see this and freeze because I honestly have no clue what any of this means and I regret not paying more attention in my STEM classes... I guess goofing off and drawing in class is finally biting me in the butt.

So essentially I just... need help knowing what to do. I've so far successfully downloaded quite a few mods but this one is really kicking me in the butt because I don't know how to change... like anything.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

It's just about fall colors and what version of the different grasses you would rather use. There's no coding involved, just editing the config file. Right out of the box, the mod gives you the version of spring with green trees, same with the fall; coloring for the ladders of Expanded maps is turned off since not everyone uses it; and it's set to use Eemie's grass, rather than one of the Aligrasses. After you open the game, if you like the choices, do nothing and it's all good - if you change your mind you can edit the config to have pink trees in spring or an orange tinted fall or pick one of the fancier grasses if it fits your farm.