1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New Stretch Goal confirmed

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Somanei, Apr 14, 2013.

1. wicketman8

wicketman8 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Clearly monster dna mixing... DUH!

2. MillenniumDH

MillenniumDH Void-Bound Voyager

I wou
    I would like to put a monster/dna/fossil into two adjacent giant capsules and have the mixed result come out from the 3rd one in the middle.

"Whether it's ethical or not, trial or fun IS the most fun in science! Beware, the results may be... unwary."

3. Snowy_Night

Snowy_Night Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to see a feline race like the Liberi.

Shippo likes this.
  4. NaniRoxy

NaniRoxy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can see how this could be a good idea. A beauty shops/npcs to change eyes, hair, etc would be nice. Perhaps sometime later a player begins to regret picking the race they did. A rare elusive item of a "race-change" potion perhaps? To keep it balanced for someone who might somehow find it early game, it would be purely aesthetic and shouldn't effect your starting recipes.

Thorden likes this.
  5. Thorden

Thorden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How about bio armor with gene-upgrades instead of tech upgrades on regular armor?

Meow-kitty likes this.
  6. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I meant more like giving yourself better night vision, regeneration, or something.

7. Sord213

Sord213 Industrial Terraformer

If it's a new race I want a four legged race. Would be pretty neat. Otherwise I just think some form of implants ranging from purely cosmetic to incredibly useful but still having a downside. IE if you have implants on the outside you run the risk of them getting damaged without proper attire, maybe acid/normal rain could mess with your systems, EMPs, etc.

8. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

The $1,000,000 should be Steam Workshop. Or some sort of mod manager that makes the entire mod process easy on users. Sometimes it feels like it's not worth making mods when someone has to jump through so many hoops to use it (and then can't even play online unless your mod is popular enough to warrant someone else using the damn mod!)

9. Pentarctagon

They've already said they are going to come out with their own API post release.

Keadin likes this.
  10. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

An API makes MAKING mods easier. Getting them into your game, and in particular getting an architecture that allows for easy joining of servers and server/client mod handling is another story altogether. After all, if to be on your server if someone had to download every mod by hand and configure them, would you have a server modded to your content or just, maybe, one mod?

11. Pentarctagon

"Content-wise, basically nothing is "hard-coded" so the dev team is trying to make mods "modules" that can be pushed to the client easily."

http://community.playstarbound.com/...nced-game-information-updated-april-15th.450/

12. Yavga

Yavga Void-Bound Voyager

Hrmmm... after 1.000.000 has been reached I would like to see the whole game re-programmed in 3D :)

R4B97 and Keadin like this.
  13. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

From the list of announced game information "Each planetary system is created procedurally based on its coordinates. Coordinates will always create the same system, so you can share your discoveries with friends." Think of it like this...the universe is just a big collection of seeds, and you can go visit any particular map you want by entering its seed into your nav computer. Trust me, there will be so many planets that it won't matter if it's randomized or not.

TheLoanArranger likes this.
  14. Which is funny because they're already ingame. I'm here to inform you that the Starbound Novakid is a mixture of both Bietol-Novakids and the Anodynes.

Shippo and Cirom like this.
  15. siahmanjoe

siahmanjoe Big Damn Hero

I deff think they should add a new stretch mark cause people will see it and go for when they see something new it will bring in more for sure!

16. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought so, but I didn't want to say it because I wasn't sure if it was official.

17. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

This comes up every time universe generation is discussed. I think people just don't realize just how big this thing is going to be. lolthatswhatshesaid

Have they said whether you always start on the same planet or not? Even if it's just "random level 1 planet" there are probably hundreds of those.

18. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

Although i believe we are yet to see what part of the Anodynes will be in place. We mostly see stuff related to the Novakids.

19. x6snake6x

x6snake6x Scruffy Nerf-Herder

High tech reptilian race :DD

20. siahmanjoe

siahmanjoe Big Damn Hero

I would like to see like a mech or something be added then a race I mean we already have a new race.