New games and marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MagicallyClueless, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's the ten heart scene. If you get the ten heart scene then you've already asked them to date you via the bouquet. I've found that although suggestive of an interest in you none of the scenes before you ask them to date you actually involve cheating.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Actually, I think about this from time to time - dating multiple people, but only until you get married, is that a thing? (haven't tried yet) Like "Yeah I was going out with Haley, Leah, and Maru at the same time for awhile but once I married Leah I quit dating the other two". And why should a spouse be jealous if you give one of the other marriageable candidates a gift, if beforehand you gve a gift to Maru (with Penny right there) and then turn around and give a gift to Penny (Maru right there) and they don't complain then?

*Maru: I heard you gave a gift to Penny, HOW DARE YOU???

Me: You didn't complain when I'd give both of you a gift, each with the other right there...*

• tophatsaur

tophatsaur Orbital Explorer

Update: After having Leah gift me a sculpter dedicated to me and Elliot publish a book in my honour, I'm afraid I may have accidentally started a cult around myself. Does everyone love me because I'm inexplicably attractive, or is it because I make ten times the amount of the town's combined income daily? I get the feeling it might be the latter.

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

[​IMG]

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

tophatsaur is an eldritch monster

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
            • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

stardew valley more like worship sally

ChaosAzeroth and Roskii Heiral like this.
              • Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well I have married several and even if it's all RNG the storyteller part of me will always make that into something and I like to see different views too that's a normal part of gaming. At this point I'm playing with divorce...wow that's odd to say uhh context. So I've already divorced Sam for Shane ..I don't know I'm weird so storyteller mode kicks in when I talk about some games then I feel bad and I still feel bad because Sam's family is still nice to me all the time...I mean Kent's bombs could be something else but he's still one of my closest friends. I realize I've only married Emily So maybe I'll divorce Maru for Abigail and Haley for Leah...hm have I married Leah I don't remember. See I could never divorce Shane, Elliot, Seb, or Harvey so I'm gonna have to go through the girls...hmm divorce Penny and stay single or divorce Emily for Penny don't know. Now I'm rambling done now.

wronghandle likes this.
                • wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

I'm curious about this too. You can divorce a spouse, but as far as I know there's no way to break up with a boyfriend/girlfriend. Although I haven't really put my back into it ...

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                  • ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

I wanted to marry one bachelorette per playthrough, minus Emily (she freaks me out a bit), but I soon realized that would be too quick, after marrying Haley before year 2. I married Abigail two years later and she seems to be a good fit.

• sabrinatw

sabrinatw Phantasmal Quasar

I was pretty taken by Sam on my first two play throughs so married him both times (pre 1.1) but then I realised he's pretty dull after marriage. Then, of course, Shane became eligible and so I made a save specifically to marry him. I also did the same for Seb but just couldn't fully warm to him (please no one attack me haha).

In my most recent save I married Alex and now I'm sucked in for life. I'm using an expanded dialogue and portrait mod too which has only set my mind that I can't marry anyone else.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
                      • ScarletAurora

ScarletAurora Poptop Tamer

I married Shane in my current play but I'm not very happy with him as a husband lol. I liked him so much before marriage but I'm starting to feel disappointed with him and his lazyness and dirty room. (is there a thread where we can complain about our spouses? lol)
                        I think if I'm to marry again in this game or another I'd choose Elliot as my next candidate. I'm not very interested in marrying others like Sebastian, Sam, Alex, cause they sound too teenagey for me... and if I were to marry another girl it would be Leah.

• Nefenji

Nefenji 2.7182818284590...

I have yet to marry anyone. It's been like a decade, lol. I just can't decided between Abby, Emily, and Penny. I have a whole lot in common with Abby, like a whole lot, but I can't help but feel a certain connection with Emily that's strong enough to make me unable to decided between her and Abby. I don't particularly like Emily looks wise. In fact, I think she has the worst sprite/portrait out of all the girls in the game. Still like her, though. There's just something about her. The way she carries herself, acts, etc. There's a certain calming grounding that comes with her. Like Abby's this young, adventureous, in the now, free spirit, but Emily has more of this long-term, caring & understanding wife material vibe to her. Her spirituality is a bit eccentric, but welcomed. As is her form of expression. Considering this is a modern world that also has confirmed aliens, ghosts, wizards, magical creatures, real magic, etc, she's someone who's actually pretty well informed. I'm sure in the Stardew Valley universe, 3am infomercial crystal healing and manifest destiny are real things. And well, Penny's just a cute little redhead who I want to white knight out of her shitty life, lol. (I love redheads, short girls, cute over sexy, bookworms, etc, and Penny's all of that.) Not to mention I grew up in a shitty trailer just like her. Leah would be in the running, as she's a redhead artist, and I like her sprite (it looks great, and that orange/green pops) the most out of the girls, but I just find Abby/Emily more interesting. leah's more of the common "struggling average joe artist" type.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I have only married two people in my stardew career. First was haley, for a time. Then it became nothing but Abigail. My newest play through I'm finally going to try a different marriage candidate: Emily! She fits into my role play of whom my character would marry if he had to marry someone. Plus she seems like an interesting soon-to-be wife.