1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New Floran House Picture

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Stargazer, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

And after I have a nice sunbath, Ill enjoy my dinner, sipped from the warm skulls of a Jehovahs Witness, though I might have to settle for a farmer, the Witnesses tend to be too holy to keep the blood in long :rofl:

2. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

How do you get up to the tree house? Surely they can't jump that high even on the ledges on the side. o_O

WoxandWarf likes this.
  3. Gahno

Gahno Space Hobo

Nice, this is Africa, waka waka. Gives the feeling of 10 000 BC now we just need huge mammoths that are like tanks. and a thousand hunters jump onto it.

4. Nargacuga

Nargacuga Aquatic Astronaut

Very nice, i like it. Anyway i agree, EXTREME FIRE HAZARD.
    But since i love treehouses, i won't complain about that. :)
    I love that armchair. WANTDAT.

5. Dzelda

... Hey. Wheres the television from Bedrock?

6. Shad0w

Shad0w Big Damn Hero

If you want to be a Floran, and also want apex tech.
    Just find a Apex town/base, slaughter them all and just steal it.
    Oh and if Floran are carnivorous. You can eat the bodies after u done looting.
    Good times shall happen.

TheAwesomeAvian likes this.
  7. survivorization

survivorization Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well if they were autotrophs they wouldn't have any need to butcher and kill animals and use their bones and hides for furniture. And if they were purely autotrophic their evolution would stop at being able to move to find water and sunlight since it wouldn't need to do anything else, except maybe to get away from herbivores. Needing to consume meat means you have to hunt animals. Hunting involves intelligence.

Their primitive lifestyle definitely reflects an intelligent walking plant. Carnivorous plants are still able to go through limited photosynthesis. Limited meaning they don't grow enough leaves to completely sustain themselves. This would mean they would go for an extended time before getting 'hungry'. As such they wouldn't need to be constantly hunting which would mean their social systems wouldn't develop much. It takes the cultivation of plants for social systems of higher complexity to develop, which is possible. It would definitely be of an advantage to herd and keep livestock and thus grow the animals' food.

8. Mini Knight

Mini Knight Space Hobo

It's great that you aren't limited to space buildings. One fact is, you've killed helpless animals for decoration, that's just cruel.

9. Kristopher

Kristopher Phantasmal Quasar

Nice and stuff...

Mini Knight likes this.
  10. Mini Knight

Mini Knight Space Hobo

That is an incredibly simple summary, it is very nice and stuff.

Kristopher likes this.
  11. RedGreenBlack

RedGreenBlack Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Simply awesome!
    All that leather bring me to a question, probably OT, there is any gathering system to let you pick different leathers from species you meet around the space?
    That you can use to consequently craft rare items?

12. Fengrich

Fengrich Big Damn Hero

If Florans were autotrophic they wouldn't need those wicked, needle-like teeth now would they?

13. Dr Fushba

Dr Fushba Cosmic Narwhal

Florans don't have roots, so they probably need to hunt to get minerals found in the soil, which would explain their carnivorous nature.

14. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

those dagger like teeth are just for self-defense purposes: no need to worry about them eating you as you walk by each other when exploring a floran village

or maybe you should worry @_@

either way whether they eat people or not doesn't really concern me to much, i think they are pretty damn cool regardless
    but hunting animals for food and such seems perfectly fine, perhaps they don't just hunt animals for food-but they use as many pieces of that slain animal for everything they could

fur for clothing/carpet and what not
    bones for weapons and utensils
    meat for cooking and eating
    etc. etc.

15. Kameil

Kameil 2.7182818284590...

Everything there, I will read it's description. Even the Floran over there... I don't care if it's a player.

16. Ferty7

Ferty7 Void-Bound Voyager

In the livestream that tiy did a while ago it looked like you could jump pretty high i think you can still see it on youtube or twitch. Either that or hes got some springy boots

17. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

The first thing I thought of when I saw this picture is that the developers were heavily influenced by the treehouses people made in Terraria.
    I never made one, but there were some great ones on the forums.

18. Dzelda

That is how the Native Americans hunted back long ago, and that is in fact a very wise strategem for any wilds living folk. I would say that for any carniverous anything, this would be a given. Of course alot of wise advice often passes into religion and lore as well... :)

19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I don't really mind the architecture, and it looks very fitting considering the Floran culture and background. But I think I might prefer the more sci-fi building styles (like humans and Apex), and maybe even the Apex one as well.

20. Its_Mr_Westy

Its_Mr_Westy Space Penguin Leader

A leather sofa is made out of mangled bodies..... Funny to think of it that way though....

tupachologram and Arretez like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.