My Suggestion List

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kurachi84, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

Hello, i'm a new member who's addicted to this game, one could say
    as i was playing, i was trying to get used to some stuff, and mostly i was happy with the game
    only a few things bother me a lot, and i got some suggestions i just love to see

here goes, i'll make clear what the complaints are, plus suggestions i'd like to see to solve those "problems"
    1. sometimes quests like "show Clint 25 copper ore" show the wrong number, like yesterday i had 25 in total in my inventory, but i saw 19. then later on i had the same quest, and i decided to see if i could get over that
    so i put all ores in storage, and took them out 1 by 1, and at 12 ores i was already done, and could get my reward
    i take it that this is a bug, and i hope this will be fixed

2. a short suggestion to remove the annoying (to me) buzzing from bees at summers, because when te music stops, its already less fun, but then stupid buzzing comes it, making it annoying

3. i love the shorter years, as we can do more in shorter amount of time, but my 1 complaint is that the hours go too quickly, too. like i am getting a quest (from billboard/window at the shop), and i have to do 2 things to make the goal completed, but all the running (even with auto-run) costs too much time for the few seconds each 10 minutes have. maybe not too long, but a little slower timer would be really convenient, so i can take my time some more, which i like in a game i play to relax (and complete, because i go for 100%... as much as possible)

4. many times i have to hurry before it's 12:00 AM, to get wood or such for the next day, but many times i'm short on energy, as i'm hurrying and use the wrong tool. now i thought of a solution for that, being "lose less energy when using a tool, doing nothing to the game", so if i hit a tree with my pickaxe, i lose less energy than when hitting something a pickaxe actually can be used for. especially better for when you miss your targets

sorry for the somewhat long comment, but i thought some explanation would be better to see my reasons behind it
    and while people here give their opinions (which i hope are no simple "play better", as gaming is a hobby, not work.... in reallife that is, haha), i'm playing the game again, and hope for some positive opinions, even if disagreeing. have fun :)

EDIT:
    5. i have another idea, which i also would love to see, as i was failing at farming, which is "make the cursor point at the location of where you really will swing your pickaxe, axe and hoe"
    i was like "ok, cursor on tree with axe equipped..... hitting the stone next to it, hmm", so had to move a bit to set my character exactly looking at the tree, and use my axe
    this happens a lot to me, so i try my best before exhaustion becomes bad
    i show the cursor, as i am bad without it, but even the cursor doesnt always help me

ps. do i edit this topic for more ideas, or do i need to make new replies here?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    • Ltfightr

Ltfightr Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just a comment on your first point. The see xx number of an item must be found individually. Meaning if you take a stack of 10 out of the chest it will not count them toward the total or items already in inventory do not count. If you take them out of a chest one at a time or as you hoe the ground or break a node they do count.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

oh, so i need to put them all in the chest, then take them out 1 by 1, because that does work
        well, a fix might make that better, as it makes no sense this way
        it wouldn't break anything, seeing as you already can get the quest done, just by taking them out 1 by 1, hmm
        well, glad i know this, as i deleted the first quest like that, since i thought it was bugged, and had (in like 3 hours ingame) no chance of getting the remaining amount, and that made me pretty angry..... which i did not expect from a game that should sooth my brains :rofl:

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

On #4, when low on energy always have selected either your sword or scythe. Those don't use up any energy, so even if you use them by mistake, you won't pass out.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i started to do that at a point, yes, but might still be nice to those who dont think or know about that, or simply forget about that option
            although the idea of time going a little slower, might fix it, too, as you have a bit more time, and dont need to hurry as much
            i set my sword to key "1" for that reason (started to do that as soon as i got used to the mine, and had to switch from pickaxe to sword a lot), but i still fail at clicking it, before i see i have the wrong tool equipped, and so i lose energy

the idea is to make it a little easier to correct the mistakes you make
            .... now that i think about it, the short years are not as good with this case, as you lose energy and thus time, and are able to do less in that year.... or in those few minutes you'd otherwise get the quest done in time with

i dont say its a big problem, but annoys me when it happens

ps. sorry if my english isnt good enough, my native language is not english

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i can't see how to add suggestions to an own topic, so i make a new post, so that peopel see the new idea(s) i get and share

i'd love to see some more islands and NPC's to marry, as i've seen enough blandness from most of the existing ones
              sure they have some sort of backstory, but it'd be even nicer if we had the chance to work for, and marry others we don't have yet, and maybe less bland thn half of the ones we have now
              no new island? then maybe a new part of the place
              i see right now a map of the game, and it's not 1 small island, so there's more in that part of the world, right?

with new places, new men and women to meet with and work for
              we can already go to a desert with a bus, so the bus just needs more stops, so that we can have more relationship starts :)

also, it'd be nice to have more farm maps, as i'm getting bored of:
              standard - being.... too standard, even for me, a new player
              riverland - too much water, too little to do without much to walk and plant on and such.... plus you have to route too much, there
              forest farm - great for starters who know the basics, but all characters on the same gets boring, too.... and not much variety
              hill-top farm - nice to start at when you want to go a little quicker with crafting with ores, but a lot of routing, and not that much to make your place....
              like you can't really make a whole farm, without having to move a mlot, just to see the rest
              wilderness farm - i tried it, and i like to kill monsters at times, too bad they are late, so you get to defeat 1 or 2 if you are weak (not sure when you are stronger, as they will be stronger, too), and the map is somewhat decent, as you lose the whole south-west corner due to water

5 maps, while i see much more potential in more themed ones, which we can think off on the forums
              i will now think off some themes that will make people think, to have in the game as new farms
              - 1 for animals, with say 2 or 3 hills. having the barn(s) north, and they cant get south so easily, like the first ledge's opening to the east, and the second to the west.... just not too far from each other, otherwise you will have to walk a lot, yourself
              - 1 that has a decent sized pond (forest farm middle pond), where you need to cross a bridge to get to the other half.... or just a river in the middle, and making west some mountain-ish part, so you have 2 smaller parts in the west section, divided by a cliff, and the east part is 1 whole area, having less trees that grow back or such
              - 1 that is also water-based, but instead of mostly water and some land, it has islands, but the water inbetween are smaller rivers, so more sand and some grassy grounds... makes you walk a lot, but at least can do more with it
              - 1 that's a forest, but has large stumps you can use, which are spread more, plus have large areas at the outside areas, but smaller at the inside areas

.... what about a custom farm maker? not sure how co-op will do with it, but i bet the devs can think about that, doesn't need to be an advanced map maker, just 1 with a basic, and you create your own formed farm with it

but anyway, new maps for farms and new places to find a lover (with new quests, of course) would be awesome :)

passing thought: maybe something jungle-ish (for both new map and new area you go to)

i don't know how many people work on this game, and how much they can do, but if money is a problem, forget the map creator, and just give new ones for 5 bucks each or so.... DLC for such cheap (yet well working) game would NOT be a problem, right?
              even nintendo started DLC, so anyone could, if it's done well (and in limits, i guess)

sorry for my long comment, i had a lot to say, and hope something comes out of it, even if its different

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

adding suggestions:
                - the upgrades with line range with, for example, watering can, would be really nice to be able to cancel
                i got many times i'm not standing right in the right pixel with my pixel, and water 1 crop and non-crops
                maybe a way to stop before throwing water over anything that's no crop, or has been watered already
                .... can't speak for the hoe (probably the same, except no losing water, but destroying ground where you might not want), but the watering can sure loses water quickly that way
                i know its own fault, but with such short time in the game, i need to do it in time
                already lost several quests today (whole day playing... i'm addicted), as i have to do more things at the same time
                watering wrong is gonna suck away 10-20 ingame minutes

- a new item that makes you walk (cannot run), like in a ninja or invisible suit, so you can open trashcans without being seen, even if they stand against you
                i know opening them isnt a whole issue in the game, but would be fun if i could get some extra's while walking past the buildings
                downside would be that you can't run.... so stealthy like a ninja, getting the dishes near the Stardrop Saloon, while Alex is standing there near the dog

i mean, there's magic in the game, so i guess a bit stealth can't hurt at all :)

EDIT: if one wants a downside (aside from the non-running part) i can make 1, which is "lose energy slowly, while using it" .... i mean, you ARE doing something with your energy

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
                • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

a few suggestions i came up with (put them on txt file, and now copy paste here)

- calendar in pocket, always easier to use it while elsewhere
                  - some sort of male or female only option for spouses, so that you don't need to be limited to 6 of each gender, and can go with any personality and backstory with the gender of your choice
                  so like you get only male or female versions of the spouses (and dialogue changes a bit, of course)
                  - temporarily get the weakest version of the tool that you are upgrading, while upgrading said tool, giving you at least a chance to still work, even if those would cost money, or use up more energy

NOTE: i really wish there were more farm maps, because i make 1 character per spouse (female spouse, that is), but i dont want to be in danger at night, so the 5th map isnt used by me (1 character to see how it'll go), and the other 4 are just.... well, 4 same maps
                  i also wanna make bachelor characters, which stay single, just to play alone, when i want to do that.... but again: just 4 (5 if you like the monster spawns) maps to choose from

QUESTION: is there some site or whatever where we can read what the devs are looking at? i'd really love to know if the game will be getting more, instead of just fixes

i like this game a lot, don't worry (i'm somewhat addicted), but i just have lots of ideas,a nd mods.... i dont trust them, and often are broken and such, and i dont wanna lose or screw up my data, be it from after the last save, or the whole file

i also would love to see some changes to the NPC's, some graphical update, just a bit better looking... but thats a small point, the other ideas are (to me) more important