1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed My own guards think I'm stealing - Also settlements turn hostile when I accept quests.

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Kerrigor, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerrigor

Kerrigor Void-Bound Voyager

Just a heads up, if you create a colony, and make some guards, don't harvest YOUR OWN crops in front of them! :D They think you're stealing :') And they'll fight you! I know that's because it's just been added, but still wanted to make sure people were aware.

Also, of course I am also experiencing the same "odd" guards in other towns, randomly deciding I'm hostile. This tends to happen if I accept a quest. So that seems to be the trigger for me anyway.

2. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

might of found another trigger.

I was in an apex rebel camp and went to talk to a trader and they all turned hostile
    I was sprayed with pistol and machine pistol rounds....

standard humans NPC's at that campsite will comment if you destroy any boxes or anything....something along the lines of "I can't believe you just did that"
    giggle. Reminds me of that "ah ****, i can't believe you just did that" video

So yeah i guess hoster those weapons, don't take stuff if people can see you and don't destory things...
    wishful thinking. maybe a jail system or something might be added?

SuncastingSorceress likes this.
  3. Kerrigor

Yes! The guards are definitely all a little twitchy at the moment, it seems as if you breath to loudly they'll come running to smack you about! :D And I do like the addition of the "stop stealing my stuff or I'll beat you" mechanic! :D

Shadechaser likes this.
  4. floranhungry

floranhungry Void-Bound Voyager

The guards seem all little...twitchy. I think think we're gonna hafta wait out the AI being rewritten on this one, atleast this is the part of the code they are actually actively dealing with. in the meantime, fukn anarchy!

5. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

yeah with mine it just happens, im just not using guards cos as soon as an npc takes some damage the whole colony goes mental

6. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

sure theyll fix it, cos theyre playing the game themselves and its pretty obvious cos its affecting all guards towns and colonies alike

7. Kerrigor

Yes, It's definitely worth waiting before making any sort of proper settlement at the moment! :D To be fair, I'm actually not doing the full story missions at the moment, I wan't to wait for full 1.0, so I'm just enjoying side quests and space adventure! :D

8. CynicalToffie

CynicalToffie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is kind of silly I accept a quest and they all go crazy, I abandon the quest and they stop. show up in the day they act normal, arrive at night and they try to murder you. what's worse is the guards seem to be extremely hard to kill I was on a forest planet and I went to a rebel camp at night and everyone tried to murder me so I turned on admin mode and tried to kill them, I fired a ton of assault riffle rounds, shotgun rounds, I attacked them with a broadsword and, ...

it only took down about one or two squares of health, and i was using weapons that I got on planets that were the same tier that i was on.

Also for some reason the mushroom people can not be hurt I try to stab them and nothing happens, and that kind of sucks because I like killing them.

9. floranhungry

floranhungry Void-Bound Voyager

It was a bit surprising when i completed a quest and was immediately swarmed by enraged glitch. oh nightly xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.