1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

My game crashes when I open up my character

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Ramtzer, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Ramtzer

Ramtzer Aquatic Astronaut

I used to play the game in july (if i'm not mistaken), the game was ok and all at the time, but now when I tryied to enter on my character the game just crashes with an error message (Yeah, I used to have a mod from the steam workshop, and I've installed it again but the game still crashes).

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide the log with said mod installed.

3. Ramtzer

Here it is

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Hm...were you using a mod that increases inventory size or alters the inventory tabs back then? Because starbound fails to get the necessary data for the characters inventory and the only mod that comes into my mind is one that changes inventory categories and/or increases its size.

5. Ramtzer

I'm trying to install some different mods that can stack now to see if I can "recover" it. (I don't remember using one though)

6. Iris Blanche

If it doesn't work you can send me the player file and i'll see if i can fix it by hand.

7. Ramtzer

I think I probably know a mod that was "left", it was "Hoarder's Inventory" (a mod that expands the inventory), the latest update didn't work well with the game, I think it was probably bcuz of this.
    (I'm only thinking that it was that, idk either if it really was, I'm going to try to downgrade the game so I can recover it)

8. Iris Blanche

Its most likely the case that it is said mod. However the information is written into the player file itself so in order to make it compatible again with the latest update the file needs to be manually edited / fixed.

9. Ramtzer

Is it possible to recover it? (If it isn't there is no problem)

I think it may have smthin to do with the player and shipworld file in storage (sending both in a zip format)

Also, since I managed to "clean" my inventory, the problem must be with Extra Action Bars (You can delete the items on the extra ones if this can make it faster)

Oh and one more thing, if it is possible to just remain with the set that I'm equipped with plus the items equipped in my first action bar it is ok, everything else can be cleaned.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2019
  10. Iris Blanche

I can fully restore everything from the playerfile. I'll put every object from the additional inventories in a container on your ship so you don't lose anything.

edit:
    You were using the bk3k inventory mod according to the data in your save. I can make it compatible to the latest version if you want, otherwise im gonna remove the data and store the items in a container.

edit2:
    Its another mod, which has been removed. I'll restore it to vanilla state.

edit3:
    I've restored your character to vanilla state. All items are located at the bottom left of your ship in the container (quite a few).
    Archive is in the attachment. It contains the fixed playerfile and your shipworld.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  11. Ramtzer

Whoa, thank you very much Iris! You didn't really need to recover everything, but for real, thanks!