1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue My game constantly lags

Discussion in 'Support' started by AfroSaurusRex, Aug 1, 2018.

1. AfroSaurusRex

AfroSaurusRex Space Hobo

Got all hyped for multiplayer and ready to hammer out a game with the boys so we messed around on beta and i noticed i was lagging i put it down to beta/bad connection until i booted up and old save file on single player and its still happening i have a decent computer i am able to run some pretty intensive games with no issues like Ark and its smooth no freeze lag at all (fyi not sure if freeze lag is the right term or just lag) any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

• thmtrxhsu

thmtrxhsu Void-Bound Voyager

If using invite system, if both parties are not plugged through Ethernet lag will occur. If connecting systems are not exactly the same OS, lag will ensue. I.e., if they are both not Windows 10 Build 1709. If you are using WIFI on LAN instead of Ethernet that can cause what you describe. If one system's CPU is constantly throttling in the 90% that can cause lag. There is specific windows settings that can reduce adapter / cpu lag and increase network cache size. Think about it, and figure it out.

I should add, I have used the Mac and Linux build of Stardew 1.3 Final (August 1st release) and no single player lag, some multiplayer lag even though I am using the best configuration and freakin cables.

• queendess

queendess Poptop Tamer

i'm with the same problem on my old save... and starts after the multiplayer was launched officially. before that never happens.