Building/Ship My Builds

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by whitejpg, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

Indeed. And you don't necessarily need to build a whole city. If you want to keep your empire as a small village, it's up to you.

2. Brycen

Brycen Phantasmal Quasar

But you still have to get all the supplies in Survival, when it it much easier to use /admin mode to build.

3. Pedro Falcão

There's fun in building with limited materials. It stimulates your creativity and makes you try different things. You'll need to find workarounds to problems you don't have when in admin mode, like building a staircase to climb a really big mountain or to reach the end of a mine shaft. It makes your whole planet look more... occupied? Something like that.

TheFloranChef likes this.
  4. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

If you get the blocktable plus mod, you can use basic materials to make the more complex blocks to build with too. But it is up to you. It's for fun, and just a suggestion for a fun direction to take in building.

5. whitejpg

whitejpg Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you for the suggestions I will definitely take it into consideration as I have an idea of the type of direction I could go with this already :idea:

6. whitejpg

So after a cataclysmic crash I lost all my bookmarks and teleport locations so I lost my house

I'm not giving up and I will find my house again but for the time being I've settled on a small island on a ocean planet - how cute

2016-03-23 (4).png

The Squid and Breakout like this.
  7. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Don't underestimate yourself. The builds in this thread are very good. :)

8. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

If the universe folder is still in your starbound folder and populared, you can still find your lost planets... For the coordinates are stored on them.

9. whitejpg

I know but it was just a case of finding the right one and there was a lot so I started a fresh character again

Thank you :casper: It really means a lot X3

10. Pedro Falcão

If you don't visit many planets, your house may be easy to recover by searching the coordinates shown as file names on your \Starbound\giraffe_storage\universe folder. If you want a detailed guide on that, I'm sure either TanzNuke or SkyAxis (not wanting to abuse their goodwill, here) have tutorials for that ready to be copy/paste-d if you ask them on Starbound's subreddit. Even if you visit many planets, you may still find your builds, just don't lose hope!

11. whitejpg

Thank you for the advice! :kawaii:

12. whitejpg

So today I experimented with Avali building materials and made this lovely little tent :party:
    2016-03-31 (8).png

Also managed to get an automated pixel farm and a room for my pet weasel in the back of my ship :casper:
    2016-03-31 (19).png
    There's more:
    2016-03-31 (20).png 2016-03-31 (21).png

I'm currently working on finding a suitable place to set up a main base :fishbowl: Any suggestions? :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    The Squid, Breakout and Gay like this.
  13. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

I'm quite partial to ocean planets because the sunrises are always amazing.
    Sunrise.png

The Squid likes this.
  14. Pedro Falcão

I'd recommend either Oceanic or Forest planets because of the pleasant landscape. I'm building a city in a barren planet, though, because of the annoying mobs killing me and my population.

15. whitejpg

I've always felt a very welcoming vibe from ocean planets
    They always seem really relaxing

Barren planets are always really nice to build on because of the lack of restrictions - I'd love to hear more about how that city of yours is going

16. Thomas2016

Thomas2016 Space Hobo

Nice screen man :D Awesome, pls up more sc ;)

17. Pedro Falcão

Well, I say I'm building a city, but I don't really know how it's going to be, lol, it's not a project I give all that priority. I reserved the whole planet, built foundations, a "sewer system" and a subway line and am occasionally building things as ideas pop up (and destroying/fixing others when I find they do not fit what I initially planed), so it's a slow process. I even built a Theater with an overall design I really liked, but ended up destroying it because it was too small compared to the other buildings. I do have some buildings ready and some under construction, but you'll have to forgive me for postponing the screenshots til' I finish the downtown. There's this, though.

whitejpg likes this.
  18. whitejpg

Oh wow I have seen this before I just hadn't realised it was you who was building it :)

19. whitejpg

Been doing some little developments on my ship - I'm really proud of it right now 2016-04-03 (6).png

There's even a little kitchen where food is grown and prepared in the same area 2016-04-03 (4).png

20. whitejpg

I have done a few new things with the ship

Cockpit update:
    2016-04-07 (6).png

Kitchen Updates (It looks a tad more spacey now) -
    2016-04-07 (1).png 2016-04-07.png

New rooms:

Treasury -
    2016-04-07 (2).png

Quibble and Tritrot habitat thing -
    2016-04-07 (3).png