1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Museum Bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by Abbadon89, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Abbadon89

Abbadon89 Master Chief

Hello,
    I finally found my last missing item (bone flute) for the museum collection but when I donated it it did not change in my collection as item i have found and i dont get my star achievement. After i managed to find another bone flute i could not donate it do Gunther again. Please help me this is in my way of getting another achievement because i cant get the final stardrop then...

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

I have the same Problem. It was the Rusty Spur in my case. After donating it, I didn't receive any reward, no Stardrop and no Achievement. This is a little upsetting, because it took me 8 years ingame to finally find this relic...

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

Okay, It's been days now (ingame) and nothing happened. I guess the museum really is broken.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Are you getting achievements for other things? Are you running Steam or Gog?

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

The museum achievement was the last ingame achievement missing after v1.1, so I can't really tell. I got all the others before the update. I'm using Steam.

• Ladysarajane

Unfortunately I am stuck with this. All I can think of is the game save needs to be altered so you can re donate the item again, but I have no idea how. Sorry. Hopefully someone will come along and help. I will keep researching it on my own, but I have no idea if I can do it.

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

I'm pretty much stumped when it comes to messing around with save files or any programming language, so I keep my hands off of that unless someone can tell me what to do. Never mess with things if you don't know how is a lesson I learned the hard way.

• Ladysarajane

I can dabble with it if I know what I am looking for, but I have no idea what string I am looking for. And the key is back up---ALWAYS duplicate the file before altering so in case something goes wrong you have an altered version of it.

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

True, but knowing me I'll forget anyway^^

Ladysarajane likes this.
                    • Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

Welp, I guess I'll just put my save on ice until there's a solution for this issue... Time to start a new farm and marry another villager^^

• bignosepig

bignosepig Starship Captain

You can use stardew valley save editor, which lets you mess around with your saves, which you can download here:http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/127/? all you need to do is launch the application, load your current save file, do what you gotta do, and save. It will automatically create a backup for you!

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

I'll try that, I guess. Thank you.

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

Welp, that didn't work. For whatever reason, my PC refuses to start that program. It just says 'Invalid operation'...

• Abbadon89

Abbadon89 Master Chief

I did not find a way to temper with the museum with this save file editor, nor with any other editor so far.

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

The bug seems to be serious. I donated a chicken statue on a fresh save and got no reward. However, I got the Cauliflower Seeds with no problems. So I guess the museum really is broken.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
                                • Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

UPDATE: I think I figured it out. In all cases where the museum breaks, it's because of Artifacts I dug up on my farm.

• Zeirlynn

Zeirlynn Tentacle Wrangler

Adding to the list here. On my third game, day 5, i found a chicken statue in front of my house (river map). I also had the glass shards from the day before. After the initial scene with Gunther, i placed the glass shards, then the chicken statue, and received nothing. I then went to Clint and got a few minerals from geodes, donated those, and received cauliflower seeds from Gunther, but still no chicken statue. I exited the game to start the day over, turned in only the glass shards, and saved the chicken statue for the next day. On the next day, i turned in the chicken statue again, still nothing. :( My other two games never had this problem, on the original map (pre-1.1), and the new forest map.

(Edit to add: This is the vanilla game, no mods, on a PC, purchased through GOG.)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
                                    • Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

It appears that the game knows that these items can be donated, but doesn't realize that they are linked to rewards (and thus, the precious Star Drop and the Full Collection achievement). this is frustrating, I was so happy when I finally got the last artifact...

• Zeirlynn

Zeirlynn Tentacle Wrangler

You had mentioned it could be artifacts from the farm, and it seems you may be correct. Thinking back...

My first game was started a few weeks before 1.1. It took me forever to get the chicken statue, as i remember being jealous of my husband's statue in his living room, but i finally found it on my farm (honestly cannot remember if i found it before or after 1.1). I continued that game after 1.1, and just a couple of days ago, in game year 8, finally found the green strange doll and the prehistoric rib, got the third piece of the skeleton, and completed the collection achievement. With that game, all achievements have been finished, no issues.

My second game was started a couple of weeks ago, to try out the new forest map. I found the chicken statue early on, before my first house upgrade... but it was found in a fishing treasure at the beach, not on the farm. It was donated and Gunther gave me the statue, no issues. That game is only in year three, and still has a lot of artifacts missing. It would be a good while before i know if there is any issue with the artifact count.

The third game was started yesterday, to try out the new river map. As mentioned above, i found the chicken statue on the farm on day 5. After trying a few times to donate it, and also picking it up and moving it around when donating minerals later, and never receiving the statue, i just shipped that chicken statue. I will try again if i find it on the farm again, and will try if i find it in a fishing treasure. But for now, i haven't saved the game with the chicken statue donated. I'll come back and post here if/when it's found again with the donation results.

Again, pure vanilla game on pc, no mods, bought from GOG.

Update Edit (11/20/16): On into Winter on the third game, still the first year, and dug up a second chicken statue from the river farm, far to the west side. Held onto it until the next day, then turned it in to Gunther. The "reward" text/sound came up instantly, and Gunther gave me the statue this time. I have also kept count of artifacts turned in, especially the ones found on the farm (rusty spur and yellow strange doll), to make sure the collection rewards were granted correctly, and thus far everything has been accounted for.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
                                        • Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

Frustrating, why isn't there a bugfix yet? Especially for people like me that already 'finished' the museum and got nothing for it...