1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Multiplayer to Singleplayer Main quest bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by NatJ, Jul 30, 2016.

1. NatJ

NatJ Space Hobo

Issue: Doing the main story quest, at the stage where I open the Ark gate, I opened it on a multiplayer world hosted by a friend.
    When I went to singleplayer to clear it there, it was closed, and I was unable to start the cutscene which opens it. I'm attaching a screenshot that shows the Quest in progress as well as the gate being closed.

(All but the Human artifact inserted, as the cutscene puts that in.)

As you'll see, I have the quest where you enter the opened Ark gate. However, it is closed; and I cannot trigger the opening by talking to Esther.

This means, I am unable to finish the mission on SP, locking my singleplayer world at this stage without being able to progress.
    [​IMG]

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Redo the last mission and it shoukld unlock.

The outpost state is saved serverside and doesn't apply to singleplayer unless you hosted the server by yourself.

~ Iris ~

3. NatJ

NatJ Space Hobo

The mission prior to this one is the Glitch Baron, if I'm not mistaken. I redid that mission on SP, but the quest which opens the gate, which is talking to Esther, is the one that I need to open it.
    I have cleared all the missions leading up to it on SP.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

After playing a bit around i found that this is triggered otherwise.
    Try following commands:
    Code:
    /failquest destroyruin
    /startquest destroyruin

This should reset the quest and the sequence should trigger as intended :)

~ Iris ~

(copy paste from another topic x) )

NatJ likes this.
  5. NatJ

NatJ Space Hobo

Thank you! Failing the quest let me start it over again by talking to Esther, giving me the cutscene event. The ark is now open on my SP world.

6. Chiyo_Sumizome

Chiyo_Sumizome Aquatic Astronaut

I am also having an almost identical issue, The problem with mine though, is that I started my entire game in a multiplayer server and ended up beating the main quest on it. I go to my single player server (since I never really played on single player, I started working on the quest and I realized that when I go to Esther she says the same thing like "I'll be here anytime you need me. Especially if you want a mint humbug." BUT the shops are all shut down, I have NO relics, AND there is no one near Esther. I DO have Frackin Universe along with some other minor mods, but I read that single player and multiplayer shouldn't be the same AND I am not hosting the server. I tried the failed quest and start quest but it gave me an error. Can add pictures if needed.

7. AndreasDragon

AndreasDragon Phantasmal Quasar

Redo all the mission in your ship's S.A.I.L. that should open all the shops on your world and have every one there.

Chiyo_Sumizome likes this.
  8. Chiyo_Sumizome

Chiyo_Sumizome Aquatic Astronaut

I redid the Echirus Mining one and got most my stuff already. Thanks so much for the reply! Really appriciate it and now I know what to do.

9. Lawrichai

Lawrichai Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I got this exact same issue today. I saw the post about entering a code to fail the last quest, but I have no idea where I'm suppose to copy-paste it. Can someone enlighten me please?

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: I found the "Commands" page on Starbounder.org where I got my answer.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018