1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Multiplayer Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'Support' started by bumblelee, Jul 21, 2019.

1. bumblelee

bumblelee Space Spelunker

My girlfriend and I are trying to play SV together. They're hosting and we're in the exact same room as each other. Both of us are using the same WiFi and they are having absolutely no issues. We both also use mods, the same ones, and no issues on their side.

However, I can't even get through one whole day in game without my game saying the server has been disconnected. They're still in the game and playing and when I look over, my farmer is even still there. So the process of rejoining takes about 5 solid minutes each time. It still reads me as being there so I have to wait until my farmer FINALLY disappears to rejoin. Sometimes it won't even connect me at that point. So I've started closing and reopening the entire game. This has started happening multiple times per in game day. Every few hours or so. It's becoming unplayable.

The other issue I'm having is that if we leave the game paused for too long, my game takes me back to the title screen but no buttons appear and I have to, again, close and reopen it to get back into our farm.

This is extremely frustrating as SV is my absolute favorite game and special interest. I can't just not play and everything I'm finding for others that have had this issue is from when multiplayer was in beta. It's no longer in beta, so what's the problem? I'd appreciate any kind of help because this is incredibly upsetting.