1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Multiplayer - Join Failed - Network Exception error

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Xyhan, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Xyhan

Xyhan Void-Bound Voyager

so here is my issue, i have been playing Starbound via steam for a while now and it works 'fine', i suffer severe lag every now and then when someone joins however that is fine (other player is American, i am British, the host is also British). i have tried looking through all recommended options of going through .config files changing the ports, trying LogmeinHamachi.

Now here is the actual issue, i try to join via <Join game> on the Starbound menu, i select my character (brand new as i thought my current character had issues) and then it has the entry of server information, now i followed the instructions of other tutorials and threads, to leave everything blank except IP address, now i put in the address and try to connect. Starbound then goes into greyed out Not Responding. then i get a join failed error. (image_attached)

So after reading most other forum threads/posts alot of people responding has asked for more evidence, i.e. Logs so i shall post that too, of the latest time i tried to join.

now i see that something is wrong with idle world space.

and the host also got a message in server saying it has 'removed idle connections'.
    and scarily something about reaping people but i have no idea :3

Any help is appreciated :D

Attached Files:

2. Pokalplayer

Pokalplayer Void-Bound Voyager

Same here
    v