Multi-Player Custom Campaigns?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shroom Mage, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Shroom Mage

Shroom Mage Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This isn't something I'd expect to see as part of the default campaigns, but enabling multi-player as a option for custom campaigns would be excellent.

Currently, campaign missions can have special conditions for victory, failure, or even branching paths. Allowing custom campaigns to have multi-player could result in some very interesting creations, I think.

One campaign could be an entirely co-op experience while another is a series of power-struggles. A three-player campaign might have two players teaming up against another one for a mission depending on the results of the previous mission. Or an entire campaign might just have four players duking it out in a series of tournament-style battles.

Custom campaigns already appear to have a broad range of possibilities, and multi-player missions within that would only broaden it further.

kookakoocha likes this.
    • ppm4587

ppm4587 Aquatic Astronaut

+1
      look really good. All or least one part the he is writing

• Latahunden

Latahunden Space Hobo

I'd love a co-op campaign! :)

kookakoocha likes this.
        • Chizuru Minamoto

Chizuru Minamoto Subatomic Cosmonaut

They could also make something akin to a war, where each mission is a zone you "capture" and you push the enemy to its bastion, and losing or winning in a mission would makes it so the loser loses the place and is then attacked in a new location, while it allows the winner to pick a new location in a branching path until a player reaches the actual headquarter of the enemy team, or the team that controls the most land wins after a set number of matches, and if the defender wins the battle, then he can push back on an enemy's location. Although I don't know if that would be the easiest thing to make, but actually doing a war could be cool.

kookakoocha likes this.
          • ppm4587

Like Risk board game? Could be interesting that some places was from barbarian (IA), thus players have some turn to make their aliance before brait it. :rofl:

kookakoocha likes this.
            • Chizuru Minamoto

Yes, kinda like Risk. I mean, lets say, there are 12 missions on the map, each player starts with six, that connect to each other like "3 that connect between each other at the middle, then 2 that connect between to the 3 from before, and then a lone map connected to the 2 before it" kinda like a pyramid on each side, if you will. And then the goal would be to reach the "lone mission" that would be the "headquarter" of the player, or own the most maps after a certain number of games maybe. And the winner of a match, or maybe one player per turn, can decide where to attack next from one of the terrain he owns to any enemy terrain that is connected to his. I'm not sure if I am explaining my idea correctly, but basically, imagine a grid and each intersection on the grid is a map, and all maps are connected to the maps next to it basically, and so picking one map would allow you to attack the map next to it. AI could probably fit in there as well.
              Although, I fear this idea would also make very long fights... But it would basically act as an actual war where each force could potentially push each other and gain, or take back control of a region of the map.
              I guess... If you've ever played TeamFortress 2, it is basically a Control Point map like cp_granary, where each team starts with 2 points, need to capture the middle point, and then its a "tug of war" by pushing into the enemy's territory while trying not to get pushed, and the first team to capture all points win, that would give you a very basic idea of what I'm thinking.

• ppm4587

I don't going to say the name of this game, couse I think that is not legal in the forum.

Chizuru, you wanna say something like this image, but each territory is a battle map? The game is not necesary to be very long. It's depends of the size of "wolrd map" and "battle maps".

[​IMG]

• Chizuru Minamoto

It also depends if a player is better at the game than the other, or if both are of equal level, it can end up in a big stalemate real quick.