Most and Least Found Artifacts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seismothesaurus, Jun 4, 2017.

1. RogueZephyr

RogueZephyr Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dwarf scrolls and various prehistoric items seem to come up most with me.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
    • Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think the game knew how much I wanted to hatch one and withheld them just to torment me, lol.

(I did end up using the wallpaper glitch to hatch one after a very long time looking the normal way. I don't like cheesing games like that, but if something is 100% RNG-based, I don't feel too bad about it.)

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
      • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I find that from one game character to another, it changes. In my first two games, for instance, I never managed to get all four Dwarven scrolls. In my current playthrough I acquired all four by summer in the first year. On the other hand, I found five Dwarven helmets in three years in my second game, and none so far in my latest character's second year. Even allowing for environmental and monster differences, I suspect there's a blessing from the God of RND involved in locating artifacts.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Not an artifact, but has anyone found a treasure chest? I have never, and I want one because they look so cool.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I found one on a couple of my saves. I didn't realize how rare they were but I did keep and display them.

• Seismothesaurus

I've found 3-4 total, I think, in around 8.5 years across all saves. Just found one yesterday on my newest save. IIRC it happened in the mountains and Cindersap.

• La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

Oh, this game loves to troll you. I gave a game a rest where I needed the Head, Claw and Scapula. In my next game, on day ONE the worms gave me the Head, Claw and Scapula. It cannot be pure RNG. Of course I am in year 3 of my current game and I still need the Class Shards. Hard to get when RNG will not even put out a single worm o the beach IN TEN DAYS!

Edit: On day 11 I went to the beach and still no worms. On my third cast fishing, I received the Glass Shard, Quest completed, 508 energy.

I still need to complete four gofor quests and hit ten Mil for my 30 Gold Stars but that will be done by the middle of summer.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
                • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I've found them a couple of times. They're a nice table-display item, especially if you're the piratical sort. They are relatively rare, I only recall finding two in over ten cumulative years of game-play (divided over a few different save files).

There is an unfounded rumor on another thread that states the probability of getting any specific artifact is determined /at the time you start that save file for the first time/, and remains for the life of that save. This would mean that certain artifacts could be impossible to find no matter how much you look. I find this hard to believe, because it's a /terrible/ way to design a RNG engine and I do not think CA would be that careless or cruel, but I am simply throwing it out there as a possible explanation. I would be very disappointed to learn that this was how the RNG was set up.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
                  • Seismothesaurus

That's awful! The no-dig-spot is kind of where I'm at with the Elvish Jewelry. I know it can be found by fishing, but it's supposedly found at dig spots in Cindersap. I can't even remember the last time I got a dig spot in the whole forest. I have the Tracker skill, but it's always just forage. Next time I'm going with Botanist because Tracker just takes my hopes and stomps blackberry goop into them.

I also truly hope it's not so.

• La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

I can see where this rumor could get started. In the initial release, before the economics were drastically changed, In two save files, I spent year 3 and 4 just searching the town for either the Rib or The Amphora. I gave up and deleted those saves. I can't imagine the CA would be so cruel as to do something like that intentionally. Just RNG being a total #%*@.

• BouncingCactus

BouncingCactus Big Damn Hero

Most played save file: Year 6, spring. So that's the one I'll check.

Most: Dwarf Scroll I/Rusty Spoon tied at 27, followed by Skeletal Tail at 22
                        Least: still lacking a Prehistoric Scapula to complete my collection :/