More Uses For Clay

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kiwikenobi, May 15, 2019.

1. kiwikenobi

kiwikenobi Aquatic Astronaut

There aren't that many uses for clay at the moment. The silo is important, of course, but after building one, I find that all of the clay I wind up digging up randomly accumulates and does nothing in my storage. I mean, I can just sell it, of course, but it would be neat to have another use for it.

The garden pots are cool, but I was thinking that perhaps clay could be used to craft decorative items. Maybe pots and vases you could put picked flowers into and display around your house/farm. Or artistic sculptures. Maybe Leah could offer a sculpture-making service if you befriend her enough and give her a supply of clay. And also wood, since she also like to make art with wood. But my main thought is new uses for clay.

Maybe you could turn clay into mosaic tiles as another option for flooring. Or to make a new kind of wall, like the stone wall, but it could look like red bricks instead of gray stones.

Does anyone else have any ideas for more uses for clay?

SilverTwilight05 likes this.
    • UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

Doesn't it get combined with stone for one of the fertilizers? The Water retention one?
      One I never use, but have been thinking about trying out to see if it saves me watering time.

But I do agree it should be used in more crafts. Especially bricks for walkways and walls.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, clay is used in quality retaining soil, but that is totally pointless because its not available until Farming 7, which is after quality sprinklers at Farming 6

I'd like to see clay brought back as an ingredient for kegs, to make vanilla powergaming more fun

• WhitneyFox

WhitneyFox Void-Bound Voyager

Clay could also be used to make dishes that could assist in cooking. For instance a clay cooking pot could increase the market value of the dish, or increase the buff bonus.

Gandalor 75 and kiwikenobi like this.
          • kiwikenobi

kiwikenobi Aquatic Astronaut

I like that idea a lot! Clay dishes might make cooking a more viable means of money-making.

Gandalor 75 likes this.