REQUEST More realism for animals, like sexes/genders, realistic pregnancy, realistic prices, etc.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by matheus153, Nov 15, 2018.

1. matheus153

matheus153 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm looking for someone who is interested in making a mod about realism for animals, with sexes, pregnancy, fertile eggs for birds, and realistic prices for animals...

I can help with textures if you want... (here is a bull made by me)
    [​IMG]

what I'm planning
    1- genders for animals... you will be able to choose the gender of your animal when you buy it, and the male will have different texture from the female
    2- they will take more time to grow up, and will also take more time to be born (pregnancy)
    3- you will be able to get your female animals pregnant by having a male in the same barn as them
    4- different species of animals will have different pregnancy, for exemple: pigs have more babies per pregnancy than cows, and the pregnancy of the pigs is also faster than the pregnancy of the cows
    5- the animals will produce more products depending on specie, cows for exemple will produce more milk per day
    6- realistic prices for animals and products: cows and bulls will be more expensive than the other animal species, just like in real life, and the animals will also become more expensive when adult, so, the player will be able to buy baby animals and sell them when adult
    7- the player will be able to raise any specie in any barn size, the size of a barn will only determine how many animals can be inside it
    8- only fertile eggs will make baby birds born, and will be needed to have a male in the coop to the females lay fertile eggs instead of infertile eggs

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    • qws25

qws25 Void-Bound Voyager

yeah big problem of them game and even core harvest moon is that but tbh it not really the problem because the need is only pregnancy not another type of anymal which do on no purpose in game

• matheus153

but it has purpose in game lol... you can buy young ones and sell them as adult, or also raise them for breeding, since buying would be harder because of realistic prices...
        if you have 2 cows for exemple, and you want more 2, you can just buy a bull instead and the bull will get both cows pregnant

• matheus153

and some male animals will have the same purpose as the females... rams will produce wool, male pigs will produce troufles, male ducks will produce feathers, etc.

• mr.universe

mr.universe Void-Bound Voyager

This was a thing in Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and I think it made the ranching aspect of the game a little more interesting. Cows would only produce milk for so long after giving birth so males had a greater purpose as you had to keep the cycle going instead of just having what are basically walking milk machines. Animals could also become sick and die without treatment as well (in the form of animal medicine purchased from wherever you buy barn animals) Some things to consider adding for an extra dimension of realism.

matheus153 likes this.
            • matheus153

yeah... harvest moon : a wonderful life was what inspired me to do this request for mod... I loved the ranching from this game... so realistic, and I think it is what is missing in stardew valley... I think raising animals in stardew valley should be more complex

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

Ooh, yes, I was hoping someone would do something like that for so long, but as I have no idea how to program I just assumed that's too difficult to program and that's why no one did it. Different breeds would be nice too, hopefully a programer would read your request sooner or later!

matheus153 likes this.
                • matheus153

you just discribed me lol... I've suggested that same thing on github too , and it is tagged as "medium" and it is probably not that hard... I saw a lot of mods and suggestions that are really more complex than that

github link: https://github.com/StardewModders/Modding-Ideas/issues/170