More Kids Interaction & Parenting Skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jjyy, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jjyy

jjyy Void-Bound Voyager

I was really excited about having a kid, but when I had, it was no more fun than a in-house dog which never grows up. The only interaction is to pet it. Maybe adding a parenting skill, or friendship will bring some fun? like a better parents can receive benefits such as better luck, or more love, or better spouse responses, or more spouse farm work bonus. I don't know, suggestions?

StardewSinger likes this.
    • Julia.103

Julia.103 Intergalactic Tourist

I totally agree, I was exited to have kids but then they turned out kind of useless. I wish they could grow up and you could assign them chores like watering crops or loving the animals so there are actual purposes to have a kid. It would also be cool if you could match up other NPCs and they could have kids so it adds generations to your game over the years that you play it and then your kids could have play dates and stuff. I think that the kids part of the game is one of the biggest area that needs improvement.

• wozearly

wozearly Tentacle Wrangler

That'd be pretty awesome, but likely difficult to implement without major work to the game - it would also be slightly surreal if your kids grew up while Jas and Vincent remained permanently young, and quite the coding nightmare to find space and schedules for an unknown number of hypothetical kids growing up at different times to various potential parents. ;)

It's the kind of feature you'd really want to design into the game from the outset. And on that note, oddly enough, another indie developer working on a game reminiscent of Stardew Valley have done just that. You may want to check out the progress of Kynseed when you have a moment.