Modding Help More interesting dungeons to enrich the world of Starbound!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Beatrice, May 20, 2015.

1. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Leeven Village House 6a is a flower shop.

[​IMG]

With furniture:

[​IMG]

DragonsForce likes this.
  2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Needs moah cats.
    Or ponies.
    Or ponies eating cats.
    How's your dungeoneer training going? :P

3. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I prefer Lions :p

Regarding the modding; as you see, I was interrupted by other things. Not sure if I have time this weekend to have a look at moding, but I think I may next weekend.

Kayuko likes this.
  4. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

And here is Leeven Village house 6b. It's similiar to 6a and the mirror of the basic structure; however, there are also some differences, especially the packed dirt mosaic and the arches (no leafs, instead it's glass) in the ground floor.

[​IMG]
    And in contrast to the Flower shop shown before, this is a Toy shop.

Seajun_ and DragonsForce like this.
  5. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Leeven House #7: another shop. This merchant trades in fruits and vegetables.

[​IMG]

Seajun_ likes this.
  6. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Leeven House #8 is not one house, but two houses connected via a bridge.

Complete view:

[​IMG]

Details left:

[​IMG]

Details right:

[​IMG]

Left structure without furniture:

[​IMG]

Seajun_, DragonsForce and Kayuko like this.
  7. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Leeven House #9 is a public bath, including a sauna.

[​IMG]

(be careful, I changed the Sauna in some details in the following picture)

[​IMG]

Also an extra image of the dome.

[​IMG]

8. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Leeven Village House #10 is the palace of a rich merchant, including stalls on the street and a store on the first floor.

[​IMG]

9. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Two smaller objects.

Leeven Village House #11 is a Leeven Chapel for ancestors:

[​IMG]

And Leeven Village House #12 is a bandstand for music perfomances:

[​IMG]

10. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't help but to like AND admire your work!
    I could not possibly ask/bribe you into working for me too at a later point?
    I will be in need of a Village/Dungeon planner in the future for my mod pack, and your work appeals my eye to the degree I dare approaching you~

You will be granted a GOOD range of creative freedom AND more/custom Blocks to work with~
    Should you be interested, I'll be glad to tell you more~[DOUBLEPOST=1435524216][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG]
    Can I take that as a Yes/Maybe?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    Beatrice likes this.
  11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Sure :)

I just hadn't time to post because I had to go. I may be a bit busy next week, but if you explain me what you are interested in... sure. You can have also a look in my Screenshot thread. Maybe you find something which may interest you, too. :)

Kayuko likes this.
  12. JunosatoRyu

It's REALLY reassuring to have you on board~
    My REA (Ryu EDEN Alliance) Project will Definitly profit of your work~

...and of course I might be able to return the favor by trying to design you a few Blocks or items you can use~
    While the main Theme of the REA is rather Cyberpunk-ish, it being an Alliance already hints at several cultures working together.

To share my plans a little, the Base of the REA is a space Colony, of which the player will only get to see smaller parts (due to most parts being uninhabitable for most species from this Galaxy).
    At a later point, if possible, I'd like to add missions, Dungeons and Colonys of different themes to the mod.
    A few concepts for Mission/Dungeon maps consist of an Abandoned Themepark, a Corrupted Laboratory, a Mysterious Ruin of Unknown Origin, a giant Engine, a Giant Dragons Castle and Mentioned Dragons Insides.
    If you aid me, I will do my best to provide more detail and the resources needed to build those, as well as ideas for Puzzles and Enemys...

Beatrice and Kayuko like this.
  13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, I'm gonna help you, but be aware that I may help you with building the stuff in-game, making screenshots and so on, but integrating the dungeons is still a riddle for me. :)

If you really want to help me in return... I'm not sure how good you feel, but originally I wanted to bring this village to life with my own race; in fact, the latter was an inspiration for the buildings shown on the last four pages. Are you good with race sprites, or do you prefer objects and so on? Because I lack talent when it comes to pixel art. tried it for 10 years. I really can't get into it.

14. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Since we'd be working on the same project then and we know each other more or less anyways, I "could" give you one or two dungeoneer lessons then, if you want (and if you're free, of course).
    Just... a suggestion. x:

Beatrice likes this.
  15. JunosatoRyu

I can do both pretty much.

What did you plan to make a race of?[DOUBLEPOST=1435537630][/DOUBLEPOST]
    And this is, why it's an Alliance~

16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

That's a very kind offer, but the upcoming days may be a bit troublesome. The screenshots you see were made a week ago, I'm only posting them now. Didn't have time to play SB in the last days ;)

Oh, it's a merchant race, refering mediterranean culture, family clans, anarcho-capitalism, the Italian Renaissance, the Age of Discovery and anthropomorphic lions. :D

You can have a look here:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/the-leeven-pride-prey.79313/

17. JunosatoRyu

Ah~
    Lionpeople.

The clothes will definitly take some time...

They like Trade? Perfect. The REA is planned to manifest mostly as Merchants, Traders and Scientists seeking Mutual Benefits with the races they contact.
    The 1st Planned race to represent the REA, or more specificly the REAS (Ryu EDEN Alliance Supplies), is a Genetically Modified kind of Dragonpeople (Don't worry, they look much different from the other Dragons in starbound so far.). Their Original forms would find the inhabited worlds rather deadly, so they modified a branch of their own in order to make Contact without Confronting the Dominant races with Deepspace Horrors, but instead present em with a Shape not unlike their own to allow em to easily Socialize. (And not be in permanent danger from Poisonous Gasses, Fluids and Food...)

Kayuko and Beatrice like this.
  18. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, I waited more than a year until anyone would do something, so "some time" is not much for me. :D Thanks. <3

I suppose that you need the Dragon castle for this? ;)

19. JunosatoRyu

Well the clothes are REALLY a handfull...
    the Venetian Fashion is more than a few hands full, no matter the age...

Well, it's only this one Dragon who owns a Castle. The Planned race itself is not even 20 years old by the time they are being released into this Galaxy, so their Architectural structures are still a little... Over pragmatic.
    But then again, they did take some of their Main branches Cultural heritages into their Architecture.
    They have a Big thing for Crystals and Crystal structures, which also is greatly resembled in their technology.
    Their unquestionably biggest Soft Spot lies within Soft things though.
    Individuals not rarely have a rather big stash of Pillows, Carpets, Plush animals and/or outright hoard em.

While they affectionally Hug and cuddle their soft belongings all day, they are rather reserved towards Person to Person contact and might even react insulted towards as much as a handshake unless they share a bond with the other individual. Their Ancestory had it that Physical Contact would be a form of Intimate Communication, while Civil communication would be handled by Gestures and Bioluminescent signals.
    But in order to Fit in with the New races of this Galaxy, they traded those abilitys for more common ones such as speech and Fascial expressions.

Overall I want em to obtain a more Unique Architectural style though, so I will look into some ideas.
    You are very welcome to sound ideas too though.

The Overall theme should be a slight clash of Pragmatism and a Newfound Artistic Freedom.

Physiology-wise they Prefer Warm or Hot areas to live in, but have no problems with either Dry or Wet enviroments.

As for the castle, The Dragon Owning the Castle is several times bigger than the castle itself and is actually usually found Resting next to it, inside a rather large, isolated Area of the REA main Station.
    The Mission involving this castle would mainly consist of climbing up the castle to Speak to the Dragon to Unlock another Mission that takes place INSIDE the Dragon to rid him of an Infestation of monsters.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Beatrice likes this.
  20. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, each race has four costume sets, but we can easily create one by hijacking the existing bucaneer costume and changing it a bit. Before talking about the clothes, we need the proper sprite/body itself. When it comes to the costumes, I can give you some examples about the things I had in mind. Also, we also have a nice tricorne in-game and a cape we can work with. ;)

First of all: when do you intend with all that, because it sounds like a HUGE ton of work. :D

Khuur likes this.