More content to the Starbound storyline.

Discussion in 'Other' started by Rocko_Dan, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Rocko_Dan

Rocko_Dan Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys, after messing around with the ancient vaults and playing some legend of Zelda skyward sword, I had an idea that implements some elements from the legend of Zelda game to Starbound. Here's my idea: In the Legend of Zelda game, you go back into the ancient times to stop a beast from destroying everything. My idea is, that there will be an extension to the room after you defeat the boss (where the terraforge and upgrade anvil is), that contains an inactive portal. This portal can be powered-up by assembling each item from all of the guardian bosses (a new unique boss drop) that are found in the vaults. This portal allows the character to go back into the ancient times. This time would be before the grand protector (I forgot his name) imprisons the ruin. In this time, all the ancient architecture and technology will be all polished-up and new-looking. The character will travel to the Ark ruins, but during the ancient times. There would be a settlement there, with religious NPCs worshipping the grand protector (again, I forgot his name). An NPC from the settlement will give you coordinates to goto a sanctuary (an ancient vault, but in the past). Although this might sound easy, but your character's ship is still in the modern time! The character will have to explore the place, to find how to get off the Ark. The character will have to find a ship. Eventually, the character will find the Ancient gateway that's to the West from the Ark. From there the character will be able to select a destination, with one being Earth. The character will teleport there, where they will find themselves being there at the time where the protectorate college (or whatever you call it, it's the place where the tutorial takes place) where it's still being developed, new buildings are being built still, the tree in the tutorial that you pass is only a sapling. The player will explore the place, and find the ship yard. When the character finds the ship yard, they will meet Esther, although at a very young age. She will believe that the player is from the future after the player reveals that he/she has a protector's sword (If you don't have the broken protector sword to make the protector's sword, you will find a broken one in the location, allowing you to obtain a protecor's sword). This makes the player wonder how Esther is still alive after all her years. You will find a ship from the yard, that the character will be given. On this ship, there is no S.A.I.L or any A.I. Everything will have to be operated manually. The character will type in the coordinates given to them earlier and find the sanctuary. The player will travel to a lone ancient gateway, giving access to the sanctuary. In this location, a facility (similar to the one at the outpost) will contain ancient techs. The character will not require tech cards to unlock this tech, but will need to obtain ancient artefacts. An ancient artefact will be obtained in procedurally generated vaults (the ancient vaults, but in the past). The ancient techs will be end-game techs. Some of these techs will include the tech that the boss used from the hyotl mission (the person also found riding the bone dragon), these techs will also have a red colour instead of a blue colour. At the outpost in the sanctuary, you will be given side quests, one quest giving the player a mission to find an upgrade anvil. Although this is the same anvil as the ones found in the vaults, this will be much newer and can upgrade weapons even further. Aswell as this, you will be able to upgrade some ancient armours. How do you obtain these ancient armours? I'm not sure, maybe found in dungeons found on normal planets found in the past, I'll leave this to you chucklefish. Anyway, as the player has got these end-game items, they are prepared for a fight they are unaware of. Someone at the ancient outpost will trick the player by giving them a mission to attend something similar to a church service. The player will go there, but as they go towards the service, they fall through a trapdoor and become trapped, similar to the florian mission in starbound beta. The player will find that they will go deeper and deeper underground as they will find the Ruin, eating away without anyone knowing. The ruin will chase the player to the planet surface, leaving the player to escape. As the player enters his ship, the ruin will strike it, splitting it in half. The player has no excape, leaving them doomed. As the ruin is about to kill the player, the grand protector stops the ruin, and a boss fight starts. The player is given a jetpack by the grand protector, as the player and the protector defeat and imprison the ruin. However, the protector uses all its energy and blasts into an explosion. This kills the player. However, the player wakes up at the portal at which they defeated the ruin in the modern time, as if they were revived after defeating the ruin in the current story.

Anyway, I just realised how much I just wrote, so I strongly thank anyone, especially any devs that reads this and considers to include this in the game. Anyway, enjoy reading this suggestion, cya!