Modding Help Mods Only Work On New Character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by animeoutlaw87, Oct 17, 2016.

1. animeoutlaw87

animeoutlaw87 Space Spelunker

Hey all! So I finally managed to get my own server up and running using the XS Mech and ZZ Mech mods that I wanted (awesome!). However, I noticed that those mods only work if I make a brand new character, and don't work on one of my pre-existing characters (the first one I ever made) from a different multi-player server.

Is this a glitch, or is there something I need to do in order to make the mods work on my old character and not have to start from scratch?

Thanks!

P.S- Sorry if this isn't the correct section to post this >.<

2. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

xsm should be fine to use, i cant speak for certain that zzm requires a new char, but in my experience it doesnt
    run to penguin pete at the outpost, he *should* have the xs controllers for sale

3. animeoutlaw87

I'll have to check again. I keep restarting the client and trying again, but so far the only character that seems to have access is the one that had to make specifically on that server. Thanks for the response :)

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Client + server both need the mod.
    The same version of the mod also needs to be on all.

5. animeoutlaw87

What do you mean client and server need both? The client and server are the same PC. So unless I need to have the mod installed in the mods folder, and using the steam workshop, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. The characters I'm referring too are ones I personally use on my own server, using the same account. And I have the mods installed using Steam Workshop. The mod works on my newly made character, but just not on my old ones (and again, they all run on the same account).

6. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

From what i read from a main page of a mod, some mods need to be installed through steam and need to be installed manually too in both client and server.