Modding Help Modify sitOrientation for objects?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Fruiteyes, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Fruiteyes

Fruiteyes Phantasmal Quasar

Hello! I'm working on a jail-break style dungeon, where you help break npcs out of prison. However, I've ran into problems with part of the project. Specifically, I want to create a modified version of the prison shackles that actually have npcs restrained in them. However, I'm running into problems with setting the proper character animation. I imagine that "fall" should be sufficient to make the arms line up with the shackles, but I cannot seem to figure out how to force that animation on the npcs. I've taken a look at the code for other animation-forced objects like beds and station trams, and I located the "sitOrientation" and "loungePositions/seat/orientation" values between the two. Using these two objects for testing, when I try to patch the value to "fall", I get an error and neither object will spawn. I tried changing the "loungePositions/seat/orientation" value on the station tram to "lay", as beds use, and the item spawned with no errors in the log file, but I was still standing when I interacted with it.

Here's the error I got with the bed test:
    Caused by: (MapException) Key 'fall' not found in Map::get()

So either I can't force "fall" on a character using the sitOrientation value, or I'm using the wrong keyword to induce it. I've also tried "fall.1", "fall.2", etc, all with the same result. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, and how I can get my desired result?

EDIT: Does this mean that I would have to achieve my desired result using LUA scripting instead?