1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod items/ OP Items without mods

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Zuriel Khristofer, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Zuriel Khristofer

Zuriel Khristofer Big Damn Hero

I've been playing Starbound on Windows and it turns out I changed into Linux. I have the gog version.
    I already finished the game at Windows and started again from Linux, and it's my first time joining to a server (i wont include it here yet). Now some guy gave me an External very overpowered matter manipulator and some mod items. I also bought lots of mod items inside the server. Now when i played single player, the items are still there, fully functional while I dont have mods installed. I cant find any answer from google or threads everywhere. I even tried turning off the internet but it's still there. Also i can now teleport even in very deep underground while before it's not like that. I have attached screenshots of OP items and my mods folder (Inside starbound and file manager)

op1.png tp in depth.png op2.png no mods2.png no mods.png

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Probably spawned in items with additional tags n stuff which allows manipulation of data. Deffo not a bug tho and therefor moved to Starbound Discussions.

Either these items can be obtained on that server, that guy who gave you the stuff has admin access or the guy who gave you the stuff spawned it in on his local world. The beam up from underground also is intended in casual difficulty so there is nothing wrong with it. Unless your character was a survival mode character before. But afaik there is no possibility with simple tags to change the selected difficulty on a player directly.

On a sidenote: personally i'd recommend a character for singleplayer/offline play and another character for multiplayer.

3. Zuriel Khristofer

Zuriel Khristofer Big Damn Hero

Ohh. i see.. So as a clarification. This arent mod and me myself can create this kinda weapons and stuff? Because even character heads are there like Sonic the hedgehog, Link (Legends of zelda), even Mario Brothers, also Hatsune Miku. Haha im really confused.

One more question, am I still in Vanilla while having this kinda items in Single Player?