Modding Discussion Mod Issues.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Squidthulhu1, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Squidthulhu1

Squidthulhu1 Aquatic Astronaut

2. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

3. Squidthulhu1

Well... I thought I had replaced the modded wavebank with a backup of the original wavebank in the folder where the wavebanks go before I posted here.

Today I found out that it was a wavebank I made to label sounds, so I went into the mines and the shadow brutes weren't making the right sound and I kinda realized what I did.
    The game crashes when initiating Shane's 4 heart event and Emily's 2 heart event if you mod the wavebank at all and that was what kept crashing the game.
    (How to delete a thread? :unsure:)

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Sounds like an outdated wavebank that doesn't have the music/sounds for the added Shane/Emily events (added in SDV 1.1). I've been using a modded wavebank (that has been updated for the latest version) for a while now with no issues, so modding it isn't an issue (for the most part, some may run into an entirely different issue regarding memory and wavebank size with some other audio replacers, usually larger-sized ones).

• Squidthulhu1

It's an up to date wavebank, the wavebank I used to make the modded ones works as long as it isn't modded, but the modded wavebanks I make with it won't... I can't remove sounds from it because it won't recompile if I do that. And even a wavebank I made that was 1mb off from the original will crash it.

I could try replacing the wavebank with a newer one, although the original one I have right now is only a month old.