1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Moar Ore 1.5 Pack

Who doesn't want more ore?

1. Tarnakk

Tarnakk Void-Bound Voyager

The new stable build might allow for glowing metals (saw your earlier post about it). I noticed core fragments glow.
    Also, any possibility of this being updated to UG? Feels like they made the ore distribution even lower in the new stable.

2. Taiine

Taiine Pangalactic Porcupine

Theres already two mods that make all ore glow. Seeing how this mod is pretty dead, you could check out mine, it rebalances the ore spawns, boosting them and changing the rates they spawn so it's not all even across the board.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/ore-rebalance.2500/
    I could make a version of mine that also boosts the ores to the crazy levels this mod use to.

3. Delta Junkies Gaming

Delta Junkies Gaming Intergalactic Tourist

Can someone Help me with my oredistributions.configfuntions

Im making an ore and the name is chromite(the name of the ore)

could someone help me with it?

4. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

G4M5T3R updated MOAR ORE with a new update entry:

MoarOrePack1.4 - Upbeat Giraffe

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

I might be able to help ya, sent you a PM.

6. Darkly

Darkly Void-Bound Voyager

I'm using the OreGalore variation and I'm seriously not finding much more in the way of ore, this could just be on my end though. I'm getting more along the lines of the MoarOre variation than OreGalore.

7. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm well... the values for each flavor aren't exactly the same as their previous versions but OreGalore still roughly doubles the default values, and OreGalore did successfully distribute more ore than MoarOre while testing pack1.4.
    So since you're the first to bring this up I'm going to assume it is on your end. If you're using multiple mods I would suggest checking if any of them also tinker with oredistributions.configfunctions that might be the cause of the issue.
    If not then perhaps OreGalore does need a buff and I thank you for the feedback. :up:

8. Darkly

If it is on my end I'm quite sorry for the trouble!
    The mods I'm currently using are EnhancedStorage, GPR Mapper, Ore Galore, and SpawnableItemPack.
    If it /is/ on my end please tell me which so I can remove the interfering mod!
    Thanks for your time :^)

9. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

It's no trouble. I want people to contact me if they think there's an issue. I can pretty much tell just by the names that none of those mods patch ore distribution (Well... one does :D), but I checked anyway to be sure.
    Just to clarify, when you say ~
    you're saying that you're now finding less ore in Upbeat Giraffe while using OreGalore then you were in previous versions while using OreGalore. Correct?

10. Darkly

A /bit/ less, yes. But It may just be coincidence, I don't know ;w;

11. n8thegr8

n8thegr8 Big Damn Hero

I wanted to ask the creator of this mod if i could edit the files to make it compatible with FrackinUnivers, i could probably get it to him

or i can just keep it for myself to use

12. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Go right ahead, this mods permissions are anyone can alter/redistribute & use in modpacks without my consent. It's just the default distributions file with modded values.
    I use to offer compatibility patches for other mods (provided I had the authors consent) such as FrackinUniverse, but after the UG update it was unclear which of those mods would be updated as well.

13. pandee

pandee Big Damn Hero

Hello!

Do you know of any mods that cant add ores to existing planets? For planets like the spawn one, as it gets bare after a while (and im not keen to delete universes)

14. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

As far as I know once you generate a planet there is absolutely no way of adding more ore or new ores to that planet. If there is such a mod out there then the author is a wizard and I would very much like to learn the spell that they cast on the universe data.

15. pandee

pandee Big Damn Hero

This is a year old video on how to do it back then. Maybe its possible still now?

16. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

0:25 he mentions that he just went to a new planet and again 2 minutes in he clarifies that you MUST go to a new planet after modifying ore distribution. Then what he proceeds to show you is exactly what MoarOre does.

17. pandee

pandee Big Damn Hero

Ah i see...

My bad, guess i wasn't paying proper attention.

18. Andellmere

Andellmere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance I can get a copy of that? I'm a big fan of the Ore Galore section but haven't the tiniest idea how to go about adding the FrackinUniverse ores so they show up naturally. I have yet to find a single piece of lead.

19. Tarnakk

Tarnakk Void-Bound Voyager

Is anyone else having trouble with this under the new stable build? I did the following:
    - installed Ore Galore
    - removed my old universe files, players, and planets
    - started a new game
    - confirmed ore galore shows up in the lower right as activated
    - not seeing any additional ore at all on the starting world, which I seem to remember I did before.

**Edit** - I am also not seeing any enhancement to distribution on other worlds.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Sihayamoon likes this.
  20. DeputyDeluded

DeputyDeluded Void-Bound Voyager

The mod isn't updated to the newest version of Starbound although the site claims that the last stable version was SG. I have this issue as well and i'm not sure if that is whats causing it.

Sihayamoon likes this.