1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Missing Textures?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JerichoMGOC, Aug 6, 2018.

1. JerichoMGOC

JerichoMGOC Void-Bound Voyager

http://imgur.com/gallery/Up2fZTw

Does anyone know what caused this? I've verified the cache and it didn't fix, and I am unable to re-download the game. If someone knows how to fix this, it'd be greatly appreciated. Apologies if this is unwanted, first time poster and English is not my first language.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Do you have any SMAPI or Content Patcher mods installed?

• JerichoMGOC

Yes, a few Smapi mods, but never content patcher though. I had installed and then uninstalled them. I had used my backup files as well, but it still didn't change. The mods were lookup anything, kisekae clothing mod, and a less yellow stardew. I assume the last is the reason, but I'm unsure how to fix it.

EDIT: I guess I should include I'm able to hide it with floor panels, the parrot stand is missing, and there's three black blocks in the wizards tower in the top left corner of the first room.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Definitely sounds like old textures that weren't updated for the changes in Stardew Valley 1.2. Resetting the content files should normally fix that; is that what you mean by verifying the cache?

• JerichoMGOC

Yes, which is why this has me confusion. Only two options I believe I have is to re-install the game completely, or get each original file back that a less yellow stardew somehow overwritten. Is that correct?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

There's no need to reinstall the game; verifying the game integrity will reset all files. If you don't want to lose your other XNB mods, click "expand for more options" on that page and see "option 2: create retroactive backup to reset any file".