1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Missing/Corrupt Save File Troubleshooting Guide

Discussion in 'Support' started by ConcernedApe, Apr 7, 2016.

1. TJishere

TJishere Space Hobo

Last night my entire laptop froze on trying to save the game, when I tried to load there were no saves. Following this guide I hoped for a solution but my save and also my old save are empty (there are 'empty' characters I can select?). Is there any hope for a fix or is it completely gone?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Ketchup Robot

If all the files in the save folder are completely blanked out as you say, then it sounds like it's unsalvageable.
      I'd also check if there were any error logs generated & you have enough disk space. Just to make sure it wasn't a Stardew related freeze.

• JohanP

JohanP Space Hobo

Hi. So, this is the first time in ten years that I post in a forum and the reason is that I am (of course) desperate. My daughter has been playing Stardew Valley a lot on her Ipad (that she has bought using years of savings) and she's really caught up in it and I think it's the first game she really likes. I hesitate to even begin to think about the hours she has put in the game, her farm and the relationships.

Today the app began to shut down when loading the save file and I tried to fix it the same way my wife had fixed it before: by backing up the save file and reinstalling the game. To my regret I did not use Itunes since I thought it could be done using the Files app, but now I've understood that it doesn't work. The files simply does not show in the loadscreen. When looking att them on my PC their filetype is simply stated as "file" and not xml or something like it. I guess this is part of the problem. The files contains data though as far as I can see in Notepad.

Is there some way to fix this? I, and Lea, would be forever thankful. Uploading the files and hoping for the best.

Attached Files:

• Kookoobutter

Kookoobutter Space Hobo

So I have the game on android and it keeps crashing. Im on year 2 day 13. I tried doing the old save file which it worked but it still crashed. Any help? I use ES File Explorer to change files on my phone. thx. Just remove the .zip at the end.

Attached Files:

• AmyJadeKate

AmyJadeKate Space Hobo

Hi, i don't know if this thread is still active...

but my game has recently corrupt and i'm not entirely sure why it has because it was working fine on the 17/05/2019 i loaded it up to play today and the file has completely gone... I'm not sure how to get it back ive removed the _old from all the saves that had it and replaced them with either - Normal or -1 but that still didn't work so if you can please help me and tell me what to do, to try get it back.

That would be helpful, I have also verified all my items on the steam application, Please help me! i had a farm that was on 2 or 3 years but i had done so much work on it.. i don't want to lose it forever!

http://prntscr.com/nsbsg5 this is the printscreen i took from my smapi all my mods are up to date.. just the Root element is missing and i dont know how to sort it out