1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Minimum Files for Dedicated Server?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by JdeFalconr, Jul 22, 2016.

1. JdeFalconr

JdeFalconr Intergalactic Tourist

I want to set up a dedicated server on a computer other than the one I play on. What are the minimum required files and/or directories that I need to transfer to that computer in order to make this happen? While I know I can just install Steam on that other computer and get the files that way I'd rather just transfer the minimum footprint needed.

As an aside I would love it if there was a dedicated server install option for the game.

Thanks for the help.

2. JdeFalconr

JdeFalconr Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you for the reply! That's helpful, actually. I think you're right, I might as well just continue to copy over the whole directory. I'm guessing, given what you've said, there are no plans for dedicated server-only install option?

Part of what's driving my question is curiosity regarding the EULA. Is it a violation to copy your install to a second computer for the purposes of running a dedicated server? Do I need two licenses of the game to do that? I would hope not but you never know...

Mod edit: removed deleted quote

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I could not find an official post on the subject. The EULA isn't exactly clear on it either, this seemed to be the closest match I could find on private (noncommercial) servers:
    You would have to ask mollygos about it for a definitive answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016