1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Miner Underpowered?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qthemuse, May 12, 2013.

?

Is the miner underpowered when compared to other characters?

Poll closed May 19, 2013.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
  1. Qthemuse

Qthemuse Yeah, You!

I have no problem getting past the first level with the commando or HAN-D but the miner gets crushed by most of the bosses, if you get the giant flying jellyfish boss its Game over no matter what. I think the dash skill number 2 should give more benefits the longer it is charged other than just damage, say the long it is held down you get some % form of damage reduction for blah seconds that it was charged for because right now with his base skills and all the melee fighting the miner needs to do it is missing that little oomph that would put it on par with HAN-D and the commando at the moment.

• Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

Miner requires a different playstyle than the other characters, but once you get that down, it's really not any more difficult, generally speaking.

I would say that it maybe takes a bit more finesse than commando and HAN-D and has a smaller margin for error, but that's part of how the miner is distinguished from the other characters. As far as I'm concerned, it's a good thing.

• Bluerooste42

Bluerooste42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I used to hate Miner. I refused to play melee classes.
        I eventually tried him out, and I think he's decent, but isn't that strong. Then again, I doubt I play him right. (I never charge up the X dash)

I usually go Z for weak enemies, and theres only 1-2 of them.
        X to rush through a group, C to rush back, then V to do an AoE, then run like a little pussy until either of my dashes cools down again, and repeat.

• Bullethell

Bullethell Master Chief

Drill charge is what breaks miner for me. I would rather have lesser cast time on it for reduced damage, or maybe no cast time at all.

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Jellyfish is easiest boss for Miner, lol. Just don't give it strike you by this orbs, they aren't homing!

• Double S

Double S Pangalactic Porcupine

I got to the fourth boss with the miner, Then I got tired and called it quits, It kinda depends on your play style and also on your power ups really, I had gotten the Infusion item which gives you +to Max HP for every enemy you kill, and a couple of those gas tanks so stuff burst into flames when I killed it.