Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Um o_O just to be sure. It's totally nothing to do with the fireplace, it's just the kitchen racks. I haven't checked the fireplace load in your conversion though, I'll go look it.

• littlesin21

littlesin21 Aquatic Astronaut

Ok, I think I know what's happening here and it's my fault for not remembering I did this: When I first downloaded the CP version of the mod, SMAPI wouldn't run it because, the kitchen, bed, funiture etc, were all in separate folders with separate content.json files under the Eemie's Classy New Interior zip. In order for me to get them to work, I installed them all as separate CP mods like this:

Code:
      [SMAPI]  Eemie's Classy Bed 1.0 by Eemie/Asher404 | for ContentPatcher | Classy Kitchen Bed
      [SMAPI]  Eemie's Classy Kitchen 1.0 by Eemie/Asher404 | for ContentPatcher | Classy Kitchen
      [SMAPI]  Eemie's Classy New Interior 1.0 by Eemie | for ContentPatcher | Become a classy mofo with this mod.
      [SMAPI]  Eemie's Darker Wood and Gold Craftables 1.0 by Eemie | for ContentPatcher | Darkens the wood and adds gold trim to craftable items.

So the New Interior doesn't have all the parts because they didn't come together in the first place. What I can do is work on combining everything together, so that all the parts are in one mod, but I'll need help with the code if you're willing. You can also do it yourself if you'd like. I'll upload the zip version of everything missing here.

So, yeah, I think I understand now. Sorry for the confusion. I don't know if this will fix the fireplace issue though. Maybe combining everything will fix it.

Edit: It's occurred to me that the Kitchen and Bed mods maybe separate because they are configurable by color. Maybe they should stay that way as I have no idea if it's possible to combine multiple configurable options into one mod.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
      • coldazrael

@littlesin21
        chill down, no one's blaming you for a fault :)
        anyway, the kitchen isn't configurable by colour, well only the beds though. But you can add config schema for it
        Code:
        "ConfigSchema": {
        "Big Bed": {
        "AllowValues": "blackblue, brownpink",      
        "Default": "brownpink"
        },
        }
        and then the coordinate of the bed

Code:
        {
        "Action": "EditImage",
        "Target": "farmhouse_tiles.xnb",
        "FromFile": "assets/{{Big Bed}}.png",
        "FromArea": { "X": 128, "Y": 192, "Width": 48, "Height": 80 },
        "ToArea": { "X": 128, "Y": 192, "Width": 48, "Height": 80 },
        },
        the {{Big Bed}} will go with the name of the Big Bed values in config schema. Make sure the name of the asset is same as the value. (so it have to be blackblue.png and brownpink.png)

One more thing, do you intend to add the baby bed (not toddler's bed) as well?

• sari90

sari90 Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't know someone already did it. Thank you!

This question is probably stupid, but...What do you mean by this?
          And thank you for converting it~

• coldazrael

It's not even stupid at all. If you open the config.json file, you will see these

"windows": "true",
            "chairs": "true",
            "benches": "true",
            "armchairs": "true",
            "couches": "true",
            "dressers": "true",
            "coffeetableandslab": "true",
            "longtables": "true",
            "tables": "true",
            "misc1andbookcases": "true",
            "misc2": "true",
            "endtables": "true",
            "lamps": "true",
            "rugs": "true",
            "misctreereplace": "true"

simply put "false" on each config if you are going to keep some set of vanilla furnitures.

• littlesin21

littlesin21 Aquatic Astronaut

The kitchen is configurable. Please see attached.

Attached Files:

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Funnily enough, I did that quite a while ago, but no one ever put it on the wiki.

• coldazrael

My bad, I was overfocused on the file assets than the content file. I didn't see that black wood kitchen.
                  Not sure if I called over 50 pages as a quite while ago lol
                  anyways, I'm sorry that I didn't see your post. I thought like all the mods below page 30's were already submitted at the wiki.
                  Come think of it, perhaps you could reconsider to specify the name of the mod rather than just simply putting a dropbox link without any little bit of description. Even if I were the one who updated the wiki, I might have missed your post.
                  So, do you want my conversion to be removed or..?

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

I did before, the dropbox link was a fix. Here's the original. I'll remove my conversion since yours has more config options and no one seems to have bothered to put it on the wiki in, you know, the three months it's been sat there. :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
                    • HiddenLilly

HiddenLilly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would love to know if you get this working!! Been having the same issue with half bunny/junimo monstrosities as well and I love those mods together!!

Nyxxie likes this.
                      • coldazrael

If that's what you wanted, just.. I just realised something about my conversion, I uploaded the old file (which is I didn't put the townInterior code or asset in it). There was the new version but It's gone since I updated the SDV to latest version, so I came back here to retrieve the mod and ended up with exhaustion :(
                        I'll have that fixed asap.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Half bunny/junimo monstrosities is probably due to them being in the wrong place in the tilesheet, or the co-ordinates in the content.json are wrong. That's what usually causes it.

I'll happily take a look at it if you wish.

• Verdigris

Verdigris Big Damn Hero

I'm playing the Trio Falls map now, and I absolutely love it! Thanks so much for creating and sharing. :catnod:

The only thing I've noticed is that there are 4 tiles at the top of the waterfall that are not changing with the seasons- they're stuck on the spring waterfall tilesheet. I was playing with the original farm_foraging.xnb file from Nexus, so I tried the CP version and they both have the same issue. I'm also using eemie's map recolor with alternate (orange) fall, if it makes a difference.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Actually the fact that any of the added tilesheets are changing with the seasons surprises me.... That's not supposed to work with CP yet.... *closer look ensues*

edit - Actually, they're not changing with seasons at all. The water is supposed to change color slightly and its not. It's just the soil is glaringly obvious if you are using eemie's stuff for the rest of your map

Verdigris likes this.
                              • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Recolored the cliff tiles on the waterfall tilesheet. Just put that into the assets folder.
                                It's not seasonal, but it's not the glaring original colors anymore

Attached Files:

• Verdigris

Verdigris Big Damn Hero

THANK YOU!!

• coldazrael

Lost codes are re-added and the bug for toddler's bed that affects the whole town is fixed.
                                    [​IMG]

• Catchunks

Catchunks Void-Bound Voyager

• coldazrael

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
                                    • sunnrock

sunnrock Void-Bound Voyager

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.