Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

1. OSS

OSS Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much for you fast answer! Good game everyone ! :)

• breatemata

breatemata Poptop Tamer

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
      blouwho? likes this.
    • escapeghosts

escapeghosts Poptop Tamer

blouwho? likes this.
    • levondrius

levondrius Space Hobo

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to convert all of these mods! I was wondering if anyone could take the time to convert hojichas's Seaside Interior mod? Again, thank you so much in advance!

blouwho? likes this.
      • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Orbital Explorer

[CP] 5 New Hair Styles for Penny

The OC of the mod is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

• renabanana

renabanana Space Hobo

How would one install files like these that end in .7z? Do I just put them in the mods folder like I do with other CP files?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
          • staarfruit

staarfruit Big Damn Hero

.7z is just another compressed file format like a .zip, you have to open it, personally I use 7-Zip but I think winrar might be able to open them too?

blouwho? and renabanana like this.
            • renabanana

renabanana Space Hobo

Oh duh! Thanks :)

staarfruit likes this.
              • andiluxe

andiluxe Starship Captain

I’ve got an organization question. I’ve collected a lot of CP mods and it’s a little bit hard to keep track of these folders when I need to edit a config. I could probably give them a prefix to keep things sorted but I was wondering if SMAPI/content patcher would load a mod that had a blank content.json? Or a skeleton of one?

I’m asking because I would like to consolidate all mods of a type into one file, like all my animal replacements in one content pack. But some of the ones I’m using have update keys in their manifest, and I’d hate to sacrifice that. My idea is to consolidate into one file for easier editing but for the ones with update keys, i’d leave a mostly empty folder with no changes just to have SMAPI read the manifest.

I could just test this, but even if it fails, I wouldn’t know why and I’m trying to learn this! I’d appreciate any help.

Seyph likes this.
                • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Orbital Explorer

It'll load with a blank content.json but not without a manifest. Manifest doesn't even have to relate to the pack, just have a unique ID. I use personal.xnbedits for mine since it'll never be released publicly.

• andiluxe

That’s fine! All I want to load is the manifest for mods with update keys. Thank you!

• pinkeu.doll

pinkeu.doll Space Hobo

i've re-downloaded and unzipped this into my mods folder three times but for some reason it isn't showing up in my game at all ): i followed the instructions about picking the bed and kitchen colors as well but my bed and interior stays the same. it's odd because when i used the original "replace the xnb files" method it worked for me..

• blouwho?

blouwho? Master Chief

The right two thirds of barn cannot change floor, wallpaper, or place wall items

• andiluxe

Do you have a screenshot? And @DaniellobatO, which options were you using that you said it worked fine?

If it's related to the mapping (I'm afraid it might be) I can't fix that. @sheetcakeghost (or someone else with tIDE experience) would need to have a look at it. But if we figure out which options work and which do not, I can just edit the zip file to only provide what works.

• blouwho?

blouwho? Master Chief

Here you go.
                            The flooring only covers the og area, ditto wallpaper, and nothing can go on walls, gets the error message that it has to go on a wall

Attached Files:

• andiluxe

Are you using a mod that allows you to decorate the barn? I think this is a case of the big barn map not having those same allowances.

• blouwho?

blouwho? Master Chief

Nope. I was being a complete idiot. That is my broken expanded shed.
                                Please disregard. I'm not usually this dumb.

I installed the big barn winery, and all I had was a completely black giant room.
                                Reloaded farm, it works just fine now. TADA! Thanks for humoring me

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
                                • KazooKitty

KazooKitty Seal Broken

• andiluxe

No worries! I'm just glad it's figured out. I haven't gone into modding far enough to try map editing, but this was about to push me down that particular rabbit hole. :laugh:

blouwho? likes this.
                                  • junali

junali Void-Bound Voyager

Hi I merged a lot of hairstyle mods for my own purpose, and it's including almost every hair mod that I found ^^

[CP] Hairstyles combined

Merged file with:
                                    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/958
                                    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/91
                                    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/910
                                    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/132
                                    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1103
                                    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1035
                                    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2393

// Update: - Fixed Adventure Hairstyles
                                    - Added Yuriyuri's Hairstyles

If there is any issue please report (and if anyone from the creators wants this removed).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 4:47 PM